MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Accidentally Dropped A Course, Pls Help mnrawrmew First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-16-2016 12:48 AM
Pls Review Timetable! Pls! jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-25-2010 11:59 PM
Help with SOLAR and ELECTIVES! PLS PLS PLS HELP! parents are killing me! jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 06-04-2010 11:34 PM
BSW/BA Program PLS HELP! **jewel 03** First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 10-07-2008 09:21 PM
Bio 2EE3 ... help pls! Eaman Academics 2 09-04-2007 12:15 AM

Is 8.30class with Aadil Juma Worth it (URGENT PLS HELP)

Old 06-29-2017 at 04:20 AM   #1
Anoynomous

Liked: 0 Times

Is 8.30class with Aadil Juma Worth it (URGENT PLS HELP)
Is 8.0 class with Aadil Juma for commerce 1AA3 worth i or do i go for 10.30 class with Emad Mohammad.

I have heard a lot of positive comments about Aadil Juma and some bad comments about Emad Mohammad

but Aadil Juma 10.30 class is full so is it worth it going to his 8.30 class????

THIS IS URGENT PLS HELP.Thankyou
Old 06-29-2017 at 09:41 AM   #2
tigercatfan

Why don't you grow up a bit and not worry about the time the class starts. You are not 12 years old.
Old 06-29-2017 at 12:22 PM   #3
stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercatfan View Post
Why don't you grow up a bit and not worry about the time the class starts. You are not 12 years old.
Man, you really got him there!
Old 06-29-2017 at 04:06 PM   #4
MovingTarget

Liked: 6 Times

Yes! I took Commerce 1AA3 with Aadil and he explains things very well and his pace is perfect. Emad Mohammed has a fairly strong accent and I know a lot of people in his section couldn't follow along as easily.

Also, nothing is stopping you from signing up for the 8:30 section but then just going to the 10:30 section when classes start (if you don't have another class at that time, obviously)

Other than that, I found Commerce 1AA3 to be a really good course. I took it in 4th year of my Biology program because I wanted to take an elective outside of science. They start from the ultra basics (i.e. what debit and credit are, etc.) and slowly build up from there. You definitely do not need the textbook as he only tests from lecture material but you will need to get the MyAccountingLab software (which unfortunately comes with the textbook).

If you have any more questions about the course, feel free to ask.
Old 06-29-2017 at 05:35 PM   #5
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Also, nothing is stopping you from signing up for the 8:30 section but then just going to the 10:30 section when classes start (if you don't have another class at that time, obviously)

Nothing's stopping him from signing up and then not going to class at all. All lectures are in the slides or the book anyway.

Unless it's one of those courses that still uses iClicker bullcrap for grades.
Old 06-30-2017 at 02:15 PM   #6
MovingTarget

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucas View Post
Unless it's one of those courses that still uses iClicker bullcrap for grades.
Unfortunately, Commerce 1AA3 is still one of those courses. Even worse, you need to use a website for the in-class lecture questions so the prof can ask short answer and fill-in-the-blank questions as well.
Old 06-30-2017 at 03:39 PM   #7
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
Unfortunately, Commerce 1AA3 is still one of those courses. Even worse, you need to use a website for the in-class lecture questions so the prof can ask short answer and fill-in-the-blank questions as well.
That's ghetto, fam.