MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Academic Dishonesty leavealegacy Academics 9 12-12-2015 03:49 PM
Academic adviser stars General Discussion 14 01-12-2015 03:21 PM
Academic Advising 10pauljuli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-01-2010 05:33 PM
Academic standing greekkid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-14-2010 08:13 PM
Academic Review meklia Academics 0 03-15-2010 08:08 AM

Academic dishonesty!!!

Old 03-29-2017 at 01:30 PM   #1
amrs

Liked: 0 Times

Academic dishonesty!!!
I'be bee told that I broke the academic dishonesty policy on my 1zc3 midterm. Apparently I was talking to the person beside me and he was tilting his papers for me to see. None of that can be possible because I have most of my proofs to the questions on a separate piece of paper. Also no TA came to tell us that we are talking nor did they move us. I have a different mark then the person beside me and the coordinator is set on assuming we broke the policy. I explained to him how i wrote the test but it did not help. At first he stated that other students and the TA say you talking and passing papers and now hes stating that the TA and other students complained about you talking and the person beside you was tilting the paper so you could see the answer. I do not know what to do!!! Someone help please.
Old 03-29-2017 at 08:13 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Talk to the prof, the ombuds, the dean.

If the TAs had no problems with the way midterm was conducted, then you obviously didn't break any rules.
Old 03-30-2017 at 05:47 PM   #3
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

Well, you've now learned that talking to the person beside you during a test is a bad idea. And you've also learned that being around a person who tilts papers during an exam is also a bad idea. You're really learning things here at university!

Last edited by old guy : 03-30-2017 at 06:34 PM.