MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-12-2014 at 01:41 PM   #1
Bigmacfatpack

Liked: 13 Times

Ballet class at MAC??
Hi,

Was thinking of joining MAC's beginner ballet class at DBAC. Have heard some pretty great things about other dance programs, but have no information on how the ballet class is run/taught?

I'm a total beginner in ballet, with basically no in formal dance training experience. The only dance experience I have is basically breaking it down at Clubs every once in a while or doing the occasional rep dances/cheers haha.

Has anyone taken this instructor's class, and how did you find it/like it? For instance, does she make you perform in front of class? Use a partner? I'm not sure... I know it's only beginner, but I have virtually no experience.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2014 at 05:41 PM   #2
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

I took the beginner class this past semester. Irina is an amazing teacher. It starts very basic and it is very welcoming of everyone. It is a lot of barre exercises then some across the floor work but she goes over everything first. Everyone in the beginner class is in the same boat. It's a lot of fun--i would definitely recommend.

Bigmacfatpack says thanks to Biochem47 for this post.

Bigmacfatpack likes this.
Old 05-14-2014 at 12:30 PM   #3
Bigmacfatpack

Thank you! That was very helpful! I am a very beginner, so I guess I'm not super lithe and flexible to do some of the movements (at least in a graceful way, haha).

I hope she doesn't make us perform in front of class by ourselves? (That would kinda terrify me atm lol).

Old 05-14-2014 at 04:15 PM   #4
jenrox

Liked: 2 Times

I went to the free week that they have every year. It was interesting but if you are what your user name implies, then I would suggest you get into shape first. I'm not overweight by any mean but I sweated. They also have like fitness class for free if you join the gym so that's a plus. Check out when they have the free week deal, happens every Sept to make sure you can handle it. Gluck and lose that fatpack lol
Old 05-19-2014 at 05:08 PM   #5
Bigmacfatpack

Haha, not overweight at all. In fact the OP is a national-level field hockey player. The username is a misnomer.

I went for the free week and really enjoyed it! Even with all the legwork and running I do for my training, those barre workouts were quite challenge, but fun!

Thanks.