MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
Cell Phone Bill niteskie General Discussion 15 09-09-2009 07:27 PM
Cell Phone Plan? Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 08-16-2009 04:45 PM
Cell Phone Plans jhan523 General Discussion 76 09-21-2008 08:13 PM
Cell Phone Help Kevin Computers & Tech 7 08-30-2007 12:29 PM

Cell phone line

Old 08-21-2010 at 01:22 PM   #1
Insider

Liked: 0 Times

Cell phone line
Would it be advisable get my number switched to local hamilton number for my cell phone from local mississauga number?
Old 08-21-2010 at 01:27 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
Would it be advisable get my number switched to local hamilton number for my cell phone from local mississauga number?
Are you living in Hamilton or commuting?

If you live in Hamilton then you might as well change your number. All incoming calls would be local. If you live in Sauga then just leave it because the majority of year you will be in Sauga.
Old 08-21-2010 at 01:49 PM   #3
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Instead of that switch to a provider such as bell or solo(Im not sure who else does this). Reason for this :

Which every city you enter that will become your local city so when your in Hamilton you can make phone calls to Hamilton numbers and it will be a local call.

When you go back to your home to Mississauga you can make phone calls there and it will be local.

Only thing though if you make calls outside of the city your in it will be long distance. So calling Mississauga from Hamilton will be long distance.
Old 08-21-2010 at 01:57 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Instead of that switch to a provider such as bell or solo(Im not sure who else does this). Reason for this :

Which every city you enter that will become your local city so when your in Hamilton you can make phone calls to Hamilton numbers and it will be a local call.

When you go back to your home to Mississauga you can make phone calls there and it will be local.

Only thing though if you make calls outside of the city your in it will be long distance. So calling Mississauga from Hamilton will be long distance.
It's like that for every cell phone provider. The only thing is that incoming calls are only local if you are located within reach of the city your number belongs to. If you have a Hamilton number, then picking up calls while you are in Sauga is long-distance.
Old 08-21-2010 at 03:28 PM   #5
nikita92

Liked: 4 Times

if you're with rogers like me, im trying to switch to an oakville number becasue their local calling area is larger than sauga's...if i have an oakville number i can call mississauga, hamilton, toronto, oakville, brampton etc...with no long distance... check it out :

http://downloads.rogers.com/wireless...N/Oakville.pdf
Old 08-21-2010 at 03:30 PM   #6
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita92 View Post
if you're with rogers like me, im trying to switch to an oakville number becasue their local calling area is larger than sauga's...if i have an oakville number i can call mississauga, hamilton, toronto, oakville, brampton etc...with no long distance... check it out :

http://downloads.rogers.com/wireless...N/Oakville.pdf
That will work when youre in Oakville, but not when youre in Hamilton.
Old 09-01-2010 at 04:06 AM   #7
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

You should probably check out Chatr or Wind Mobile. They have some pretty good plans, and they're coverage spans Toronto and Hamilton so calling is all free. The only downside is that signal strength for Wind is not the same as Rogers/Bell/Telus. Chatr however uses the Rogers network, so it's still pretty strong.