MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this good enough reason to get out of my housing contract? Ownaginatios Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 11 09-01-2010 04:27 PM
One More Reason To Eat Cashews Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 07-26-2010 11:59 AM
Another reason why I'm glad I didn't go to York ferreinm General Discussion 2 05-18-2009 04:01 PM

Denies Bursary for the dumbest reason

Old 01-19-2019 at 01:47 AM   #1
stuff

Liked: 0 Times

Denies Bursary for the dumbest reason
I'm going to call these geniuses at Financial Aid office on Monday but I would like some input now if possible.

I worked a lot of hours in the summer, and when I applied to OSAP this year I saw that almost all of the funds were grants. The loans were only a couple of hundred bucks. So I decided to say no the loans and I paid it from my own pocket.

Somehow, those geniuses at Financial Aid think that just because I declined a couple of hundred bucks of loans then they're just gonna go ahead and say you won't get anything? WTF?

what should I expect when I call them on Monday if I explain the situation? Because anyone with half a brain that looked at my application would know how completely reliant I am on OSAP. Like I'm trying to stay calm and not be angry at this bullshit but its kinda hard.
Old 01-22-2019 at 11:15 AM   #2
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

Do you mean the McMaster Bursary for students has been denied? OR are they denying osap as a whole? I know many people who decide to take the grants and not take the loan portion and they have all gotten their soap perfectly. Youre best bet (as you said) is going in and talking to an advisor. Sometimes they recalculate funds and mess up the calculations.