MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Events or Stories that Made Your Day Lois General Discussion 63 11-13-2009 11:48 PM
Funny Video Of The Day Chad General Discussion 2 05-28-2008 04:36 PM

Funny Residence Stories

Old 08-01-2008 at 12:09 AM   #1
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Funny Residence Stories
I decided that it might be fun to make a thread for upper years to post any interesting, funny, crazy, or other relevant stories they have experienced while in residence, or anywhere on campus for that matter.

I'll start this thing off with a bang. I've been in residence for three years now, going on my fourth. I have had many crazy experiences in that time, but none are as big as what happened during my first year. It was about halfway through the school year, and I was living in Matthews Hall in a double room. My roomate was in my program, but was a complete opposite of me. He liked to be very dirty, didn't study for tests, and went out (or stayed in) drinking a lot. One day around 1 in the morning, I was in bed trying to sleep when I saw his two friends carrying him and lifting him onto his bed. He looked completely drunk. They laid him down on his stomach, but wisely decided that perhaps turning him over onto his back was a better idea. They pretty much dropped him and then left him there. Around 15 minutes later, my roomate begins to stand up. I hear him making a lot of strange noises, it sounded like a dying animal. After a mighty ordeal, he manages to stand up on top of his bed. At this time, I am still lying in my own bed, watching his movements with the utmost interest. Then something happened...something that made me cringe and feel sick.

He took off his pants and urinated all over his bed, his desk, and his side of the wall!! Then he put his pants back on and went to sleep. I was a bit shocked by this, and decided I'd better sleep over in my friends room for the night. The next day, I asked him if he cleaned up and he said that he did. I'm not sure if he understood what that meant, or if he even remembered his actions. However, the room didn't smell anymore so I just trusted that he knew and fixed it.

The moral of the story is that things happen in rez, sometimes crazy, unexpected, annoying, gross things. However, that's what makes memories and I will always remember my first year in residence as being the most fun. There are more where that came from. Post any stories that any of you upper years may want to share.

Last edited by mitch : 08-01-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-01-2008 at 12:30 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

AWESOME thread idea!

I've got some interesting stories to come...mwaha

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-01-2008 at 10:11 AM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I've got quite a few res stories too but one that sticks in my mind is similar to Mitch's:

My room mate, who will of course remain unnamed, was having a bad day. A couple of friends and I were planning on playing a few drinking games in my room. As I was one of two people who was actually of age at that time we had to keep it pretty quite. Anyway... my room mate got back from a walk and wanted to join in with us. I remembered that I hadn't seen her eat all day (it was the weekend) and so I told her she had to go to Commons and get some food in her first. She told me that she had grabbed something on her walk. I stupidly believed her. So we're playing our drinking game and having a good time, and she's sitting, watching us and having her drink. Out of NO WHERE she starts vomiting. And I mean full out exorcist vomiting. Of course THAT ruins the mood. So we get her to the bathroom which is thankfully close and start cleaning up the puke in my room (it smelled for DAYS!). My boyfriend mixes up a combination of juice and electrolite powder for her to drink while I sit with her in a stall (yes, in the STALL) on the floor until 5:30 in the morning while she cries and apologises profusely and tells me that she never actually went to have something to eat. She continued to vomit about once every 30 minutes until about 5am. We didn't get her into bed until 6 and by that time I smelled like vomit and decided to have a shower. I saw the sun rise that day, but it was a bitter sunrise indeed lol.

The lesson to be learned? Don't be the irresponsible drinker and ruin the mood of the party. Even when your friends say "its okay, you went over board, but we forgive you" you still ruined their night. So just don't do it! And your room will smell like *** for days!

Last edited by kokosas : 08-01-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2008 at 09:53 PM   #4
mitch
Elite Member

Ok, so I've got one from this year. This wasn't actually in rez, but crazy stuff can happen during class as well. If you are not already aware, the Engineers like to pull as many pranks as they can each April fools day, and each year they try to best the last. There were a bunch of cool stuff this year including Megaman and a Goomba plastered on the side of MDCL, a Transformer robot made out of car parts in front of JHE with the music from the cartoon blasting, and a "McMaster Lighthouse" in the middle of the field where it always fills up with water when it rains. The one that cause my professor the most trouble was the seats in the auditorium on the second floor of JHE were somehow unbolted, turned around, and then rebolted. So the entire class couldn't fit, and we had to postpone our lab test! She was pissed!

Anyway, there is one more that really stood out. That morning I went to TSH for my incredibly boring bird course, explorers. As soon as you went inside, you noticed two distinct things. One was an incredibley noxious smell coming from the podium. This was due to some strange substance placed all over the floor. The second thing was a giant male genitalia! It was hanging from the ceiling pointing downwards, covering the projector. It had to be over 6 feet long and 2 feet in diameter. It was made of 2 giant balloons at the base, and some sort of cylindrical bags making up the shaft. Looking back, I wish I would have ran back to my rez, got my cell phone and took some pictures of it. Since the professor couldn't project his notes and was getting nauseous by the looks of it, class was cancelled for the day so I knew it was the start of a good day.

The lesson is not to mess with engineers or they'll put giant obscene models in your room!
Old 08-01-2008 at 10:51 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

The transformer and the lighthouse were Kipling pranks!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-01-2008 at 11:23 PM   #6
mitch
Elite Member

Ohhhh. I just associated every prank with engineers, lol. Thanks for the clarification
Old 08-02-2008 at 12:00 AM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I like this thread idea! Those are some.. interesting stories. I'll do a reflection for my stories so I can add some too!

Haha, I remember JHE 264 had the chairs all backwards but that was in my summer course
Old 08-02-2008 at 12:08 AM   #8
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Uhmmm.. In case you didnt know Kipling is the ceremony in which engineers recieve their iron ring and, in most of our heads, have become engineers. So, they are engineers.

this is NOT april fools.

Kipling eve is when the pranks come out, the night before the super secret ceremony.

I loved the materials wing covered in tin foil, but a kipling prank that cancels class due to a giant ***** is also quite excellent.
Old 08-02-2008 at 12:08 AM   #9
micadjems
Awesome Member

And yes the backwards chairs were a kipling prank that still hasnt been fixed
Old 08-02-2008 at 12:12 AM   #10
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I just feel bad for those who have to fix what the engineers mess up..

...the irony
Old 08-02-2008 at 12:22 AM   #11
micadjems
Awesome Member

Phys plant! XD

they dont HAVE to get rid of it!

plus some pranks are good. society planted a tree this year, the front of JHE was re-tiled, and a plaque was put in front of the iron ring (which was restored to its original state) for example.
Old 08-02-2008
JBeans
This message has been removed by a moderator. .