MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-18-2012 at 03:20 PM   #1
dvan

Liked: 1 Time

Gyms in Hamilton
Do you guys know if there are any other gyms close to McMaster that are relatively cheap? I am taking summer school during term 2, so I am only here for a month and a half (June 18 - Aug 1). I would go to The Pulse, but they told me that they only offer 2 month passes from May - June and July - August.
Old 06-18-2012 at 03:54 PM   #2
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

my friend took me to YMCA gym once, I got in as a guest so I dont know how much it costs.
It's off of main street so its not that far from mac but not so close either lol
Old 06-18-2012 at 04:26 PM   #3
mcmcmc

Liked: 17 Times

there's phoenix fitness... it's just down the street by crabby joe's
Old 06-18-2012 at 04:52 PM   #4
dvan

Do you know the pricing of phoenix? Or is it possible to get a pulse membership for 1 month?
Old 06-18-2012 at 05:33 PM   #5
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

I imagine a 4 month membership at pulse would be cheaper than most 2 month memberships elsewhere
Old 06-18-2012 at 07:27 PM   #6
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
I imagine a 4 month membership at pulse would be cheaper than most 2 month memberships elsewhere
This. Even if you don't want the 4 month pass, the 2 month pass at the pulse is probably cheaper than 2 months anywhere else. Most places are based on monthly payments, so if you're around for a month and a half you're probably going to be paying for 2 months no matter where you go.
Old 06-18-2012 at 07:43 PM   #7
xutopia

Liked: 0 Times

I will recommend Pulse, goodlife fitness along with other chain franchises were so treachous, they told me that I can pay monthly and end up with me paying 100 buy out fee after 4 months, which they never mentioned such a fee exists, and the membership fee is 25 for every two weeks, oh you have to stay for additional 1 or even 2 more months before they can proceed your cancellation, which is insane. By comparison, I would strongly recommend Pulse for its appoximity to Mac and cheap price.
Old 06-19-2012 at 12:15 AM   #8
dvan

Do any of you guys know the price of the 4 month plan?
Old 06-19-2012 at 12:17 AM   #9
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xutopia View Post
I will recommend Pulse, goodlife fitness along with other chain franchises were so treachous, they told me that I can pay monthly and end up with me paying 100 buy out fee after 4 months, which they never mentioned such a fee exists, and the membership fee is 25 for every two weeks, oh you have to stay for additional 1 or even 2 more months before they can proceed your cancellation, which is insane. By comparison, I would strongly recommend Pulse for its appoximity to Mac and cheap price.
I have heard the same thing happening a few times, which is why I only stick to gyms run by colleges/universities or rec centers.

On the other hand, had the op ever thought of getting a per use pass? I found as exams pick up, I go less so it may be cheaper just to get a per use pass where you pay each time you visit. If you go to a private gym and you do this, refuse to give credit card number since then the above happens
Old 06-19-2012 at 10:11 AM   #10
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvan View Post
Do any of you guys know the price of the 4 month plan?
here
Old 06-19-2012 at 10:19 AM   #11
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Haha never go to goodlife unless its a full year term. Last summer i went to them asking for a 4 month membership. The guy brings out the contract and it was for a year. When i asked him what was going on, he said oh dont worry, come to me at the end of the summer and ill see what i can do for you... ya BULLSHIT. haha goodlife are con artists

Ardougne says thanks to Chris23 for this post.