MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-09-2011 at 03:26 PM   #16
minig12

Liked: 9 Times

Hey guys. Sorry for the late response! Haven't checked back in a while.

Well, I seem to have found some people interested in playing, so I guess it's just a matter of registering on time and hoping we get in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosh View Post
Soc Sci has a team! you prolly should ask your reps during welcome week on faculty day...they'll know. Oh and the Soc sci team is really good. They beat us (Chem eng) in the finals last year :(
Unfortunately I won't be in town for the welcome week, so I won't get to meet any of the reps to ask about it. :(

Hmm, maybe my first year team will beat the soc sci one Are most of the teams sectioned off into the degrees/programs the players are in??

Oh, and since I haven't been able to get in touch with the people that run it.. might as well just ask my questions here...

The fee that has to be paid ($140) would cover the whole team, right? So each player would just pitch like $12? And where would I have to go to register? Is it at one of the athletic centers or is it online??

Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2011 at 03:35 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minig12 View Post
Hey guys. Sorry for the late response! Haven't checked back in a while.

Well, I seem to have found some people interested in playing, so I guess it's just a matter of registering on time and hoping we get in!

Unfortunately I won't be in town for the welcome week, so I won't get to meet any of the reps to ask about it. :(

Hmm, maybe my first year team will beat the soc sci one Are most of the teams sectioned off into the degrees/programs the players are in??

Oh, and since I haven't been able to get in touch with the people that run it.. might as well just ask my questions here...

The fee that has to be paid ($140) would cover the whole team, right? So each player would just pitch like $12? And where would I have to go to register? Is it at one of the athletic centers or is it online??

Thanks!!
Right, it's 140$ for the entire team. You register in DBAC, you have to line up and there's always a long line when registration open. There are several leagues (A, B, C), where A is for very competitive people and C is for less competitive and people that don't play soccer very often. Also, there's a limit on the number of varsity players you have have on your team but I can't remember how many.
Old 07-09-2011 at 04:21 PM   #18
minig12

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Right, it's 140$ for the entire team. You register in DBAC, you have to line up and there's always a long line when registration open. There are several leagues (A, B, C), where A is for very competitive people and C is for less competitive and people that don't play soccer very often. Also, there's a limit on the number of varsity players you have have on your team but I can't remember how many.
Okay, cool, thanks! Well, as far as I know no one will be on the varsity team... And going to sign up for B. Guess I'll just camp out on sign up day lol
Old 07-09-2011 at 07:06 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minig12 View Post
Okay, cool, thanks! Well, as far as I know no one will be on the varsity team... And going to sign up for B. Guess I'll just camp out on sign up day lol
No need to camp out, just make sure you have plenty of time before classes because it could take longer than you anticipate.
Old 07-26-2011 at 03:38 PM   #20
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

interested too!
Old 07-27-2011 at 04:55 PM   #21
B.Amode

Liked: 1 Time

if athlete registration is not available anymore, is it still possible to go for intramural soccer?
Old 07-27-2011 at 08:01 PM   #22
Intramurals
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Liked: 3 Times

All of the info shared by your fellow students and Intramural Sport participants so far is right on. Look for a tonne of updates to our website over the next few weeks and the arrival of our online 2011/12 Sport Calendar (it shows all sports, registration dates, etc.) soon.

Play hard. Play fun. Play often!!

j0sh likes this.
Old 07-28-2011
JulianG
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-31-2011 at 02:32 PM   #23
Alyssa_10!

Liked: 1 Time

also interested !

Intramurals likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 07:34 PM   #24
Oilenroc

Liked: 3 Times

I am also interested. Let's get a team together.
Old 09-13-2011 at 01:03 PM   #25
macandel

Liked: 0 Times

A division is ridiculously intense. B division is where you get great players who just want to win the finals and get a tshirt. So C division is where its at!
Old 09-13-2011 at 10:01 PM   #26
gwenethrules

Liked: Liked 14 Times

soccer starts this weekendddddddd finaly