MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-08-2011 at 10:52 AM   #1
baran

Liked: 0 Times

intramural Soccer
I don't have a team, but I want to play intramural soccer this coming academic year!

Dose any team need a A/B player? Or, if there is someone looking to start a team I am up.

Let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2011 at 06:31 PM   #2
Oilenroc

Liked: 3 Times

I am also interested, and willing to play in A/B division.
Old 08-09-2011 at 02:26 PM   #3
Warhead

Liked: 1 Time

Likewise.....interest ed as well
Old 08-09-2011 at 07:13 PM   #4
B.Amode

Liked: 1 Time

is the A the higher division?
Old 08-09-2011 at 07:13 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Check here for all teams and whatnot:
http://www.marauders.ca/
Old 08-09-2011 at 07:43 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Amode View Post
is the A the higher division?
Yes it's the highest division.
Old 08-09-2011 at 07:49 PM   #7
Buddastotle

Liked: 5 Times

interested aswell, preferably A division
Old 08-09-2011 at 08:15 PM   #8
evilgino

Liked: 56 Times

interested in playing A/B division as well!
Old 08-09-2011 at 08:33 PM   #9
tazmania123

Liked: 7 Times

ditto... A/B division
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:10 AM   #10
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

I tried starting a team last year but was to late to register, all the spots were full.

If I can get enough people this year, I dont mind making one.

Also because we dont know each other I'd suggest B Division. A division is more for people who have been playing together for awhile now and have that chemistry flowing already. I played in B division last year part of another team and it is not as easy as some might think. We had a lot of really good people on our team but because we did not have that chemistry it made it harder. We only lost 2 games last year and you could tell the opposing team were good friends that had been playing together for awhile.
Old 08-11-2011 at 04:05 PM   #11
baran

Alright, it seems we could have enough people to start a new team. I agree we should start with a B team. The sign-up date is sep 13-14 and the cost is $140 for the whole team.
here is the full calendar
http://www.marauders.ca/documents/20... -11.pdf?id=7
we should find a way to have a serious talk with all the people who really wants to play.
cheers.
Old 08-11-2011 at 06:24 PM   #12
Oilenroc

Nice, and B division is probably a good choice, if we get a good team going this year who knows next year if most of us play again we could join the A division.

Anyways, we should set up a facebook group for this, that way, we can invite friends of ours who we know are interested in playing, and it will be easier to get this organized.

baran likes this.
Old 08-16-2011 at 11:24 PM   #13
baran

A facebook page is a good idea!

let me know if it is set.
Old 08-17-2011 at 09:46 AM   #14
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
I tried starting a team last year but was to late to register, all the spots were full.

If I can get enough people this year, I dont mind making one.

Also because we dont know each other I'd suggest B Division. A division is more for people who have been playing together for awhile now and have that chemistry flowing already. I played in B division last year part of another team and it is not as easy as some might think. We had a lot of really good people on our team but because we did not have that chemistry it made it harder. We only lost 2 games last year and you could tell the opposing team were good friends that had been playing together for awhile.
From my experience there isn't a big difference between A and B. A lot of teams that can (and should) be in A division play in B.

Also, if you're in the A division you're guaranteed to play on turf every week (Ron Joyce Stadium or Alumni field). That means no muddy games in that swamp pit known as 10 acre field.

B.Amode says thanks to kenneth526 for this post.

B.Amode likes this.
Old 08-23-2011 at 11:32 AM   #15
Intramurals
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post
From my experience there isn't a big difference between A and B. A lot of teams that can (and should) be in A division play in B.

Also, if you're in the A division you're guaranteed to play on turf every week (Ron Joyce Stadium or Alumni field). That means no muddy games in that swamp pit known as 10 acre field.
Soccer is awesome - glad you're all getting organized and ready to go. Consider checking our Free Agents page on Facebook to help gather teammates. Annnnd...playing in any division - A or otherwise - doesn't mean you get games on grass or turf. All just depends on how the schedule fits. Look for an updates Intramural Sport Calendar with 2011/12 dates, fees and details soon!