MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-20-2010 at 05:27 PM   #61
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
You are an idiot.

As the last guy said... draft doesn't ensure you success. Tyler Seguin has not been very impressive so far this year, so so far, the Leafs have still won that trade. You can look at teams who have had multiple opportunities to draft high... Columbus, Atlanta, Carolina, Florida, NY Islanders, St. Louis, Minnesota... and none of those teams can make the playoffs for more than one year in a row (and most of those teams haven't made the playoffs once since the lockout.)

If you're going to (pretend) to formulate a real argument, start by fixing your horrible spelling and grammar.
Actually, only Florida of those teams havent made the playoffs. Canes have won the cup, Atlanta has made playoffs and they will make the playoffs this year.
Old 12-20-2010 at 06:40 PM   #62
gOOCHTOPHER

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
You are an idiot.

First of all about the West. You originally said it was tougher, then when I disagreed you said I was wrong, that the west was more competitive. There's a difference between tough and competitive. I never said the West was not competitive.

Secondly, trading draft picks can be a rebuild. Burke didn't anticipate finishing so poorly last year, we had a very good defence and what should have been good goaltending if Toskala didn't have his complete mental breakdown. Burke traded that year's pick and this year because this year's crop of draftees is the weakest it's been in nearly a decade. To acquire a 21-year old (at the time) who is one of the fastest snipers in the NHL when he's on his game was a smart move. Kessel is still young and was basically a prospect at the time. We've seen him maturing in the last few games, showing a bit more confidence on the ice despite not tallying many goals.

Next, how can you say the Leafs are in an easy division? With the Bruins and Canadiens? Are you dense? An easy division is the Northwest Division, since Minnesota, Calgary and Edmonton have all been horrible this year.

Kessel, Grabovski and Versteeg are turnover queens? And the solution is a 20 year old rookie dangler? Do you ever watch the sport of hockey or do you just pretend, so that you can troll people on forums? Kadri has only played half of the games that Phil Kessel has, but yet has more turnovers. Versteeg only has 12 turnovers in 32 games. Pull your head out of your ass and quit acting like you know anything about the Leafs.

Finally:

"burke needs to learn some patience and run his team his team similar to detroit and vancouver"

Dude... Burke used to run Vancouver. He brought in most of their key players. The Sedin twins was his chef d'oeuvre.

As the last guy said... draft doesn't ensure you success. Tyler Seguin has not been very impressive so far this year, so so far, the Leafs have still won that trade. You can look at teams who have had multiple opportunities to draft high... Columbus, Atlanta, Carolina, Florida, NY Islanders, St. Louis, Minnesota... and none of those teams can make the playoffs for more than one year in a row (and most of those teams haven't made the playoffs once since the lockout.)

If you're going to (pretend) to formulate a real argument, start by fixing your horrible spelling and grammar.
calling someone an idiot will get you no where in life

the comment about the west being more competitive than the east was correct conclusion from your evidence that the top 5 teams were from the east, learn to analyze data and not make yourself look even worse when your point gets destroyed

lets just drop this whole rebuild debate, you seem to be applying the word rebuild to anything, i guess the hawks rebuilt too when they traded a bunch of their players this summer
generally when someone is talking about rebuilding a team, they imply it is through the draft
i dont know how much hockey you follow compared to other sports, but in the past decade free agency is dead in the nhl
teams generally draft good players and lock them up and pretty much leave them untouchable to trade unless they under perform and there is serious cap issues
acquiring these players is rare, and costly as seen with kessel
in my opinion, and many others, it will be very difficult to build a decent team without drafting

"To acquire a 21-year old (at the time) who is one of the fastest snipers in the NHL when he's on his game was a smart move"
i agree that hes fast and a pretty good player, however when boston had cap issues, they kept other players over kessel
it was somewhat of a safer risk when he made it anticipating that the drafts were weaker and he has acquired some younger players from the american league, however in retrospect i disagree and dont think it was a smart move at all, he got burned bad on it and overestimating your teams ability is no excuse
also kessel is not a franchise player, hes not worth those picks, and hes weak defensively, there are reasons why boston didnt build around him

imo mtl isnt that tough of a team to play against even though they do have a good record, boston is good, but compared to to others imo the division is weak

ya the stats are what they are, im just always noticing these players easily give up the puck on the pp when playing against good aggressive penalty killers and both kessel and grabo arent the best passers
about kadri, imo the team is going no where this year, wilson should put kadri in and let him learn, i think he has good potential
and sitting him 2 games and row now is the worst route wilson could go with this

as the last guy said the raptors has bosh and the 1st overall pick, and you think he should have done something with the pick?
tell me who on the leafs is of similar value to bosh, what position is burke really in to warrant trading so many picks for kessel, other than him completely over estimating his team

and to the teams you listed, these teams have made notably bad deals, and some dont spend at the cap

i think your in over your head to say the leafs have won the trade so far, at best it is still undecided, but please give it 5 years to decide the winner

and i dont care about grammar or spelling, and these forums are super glitchy making it hard to edit, i cant select where i want to type, so i have to make my posts in one go like a typewriter making editing impossible

this is all a huge mess, i dont even know what we are truly arguing here, burke does have a good record of building great teams, however i dont think he has made much progress so far and has been burned on his risks
i think hes doing a good job cap space for the future and hasnt exactly gone all in
Old 12-21-2010 at 02:09 AM   #63
gOOCHTOPHER

Liked: 11 Times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR90G...yer_embedde d
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47knI...yer_embedde d
Old 12-21-2010 at 10:29 AM   #64
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times

According to Twitter, Burke left his suite once the "fire wilson" chant started yesterday.
Old 12-21-2010 at 04:51 PM   #65
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
According to Twitter, Burke left his suite once the "fire wilson" chant started yesterday.
Whose twitter?
Old 12-21-2010 at 07:35 PM   #66
Strategy

Quote:
Whose twitter?
Howard Berger
Old 12-25-2010 at 01:14 PM   #67
ice8

Quote:
Howard Berger
Howard Berger is an idiot.

Anyways the waffle throwing continues at the acc. They banned the guy who threw tons of em against the thrashers.
Old 12-25-2010 at 04:09 PM   #68
Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
Howard Berger is an idiot.
Why does that matter at all? That's what he wrote in his Twitter and he isn't known for being a liar. Whether you agree with his hockey ideologies or not is irrelevant.
Old 12-26-2010 at 01:57 PM   #69
bcars
Elite Member

Howard Berger is less of an idiot than Damien Cox... that guy is a prick.
Old 12-26-2010 at 06:32 PM   #70
ice8

Quote:
Why does that matter at all? That's what he wrote in his Twitter and he isn't known for being a liar. Whether you agree with his hockey ideologies or not is irrelevant.
the same guy that said RW doesnt wanna win? Yea sure he isnt a lier.
Old 12-27-2010 at 07:59 PM   #71
bcars
Elite Member

Haha, attendance last night in NJ was just over 5,000.
Old 12-27-2010 at 08:09 PM   #72
nonikhanna

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Haha, attendance last night in NJ was just over 5,000.
that was just the reported attendance the actual attendance was said to be half of that. cuz of the massive snowstorm. it took the leafs 5 hours from the arena back to the hotel.
Old 02-19-2011 at 12:44 AM   #73
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

yay kaberle gone, suck it bcars
Old 03-08-2011 at 01:06 AM   #74
Mikob11
Account Locked

Liked: 60 Times

Playoffs

Will we make them or come up one place short like every other year?