MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
times for classes bella.gucci Academics 1 07-06-2010 10:06 PM
MacInsiders Founder in the McMaster Daily News Goce MacInsiders 9 06-12-2009 10:52 AM
How do we check what times a course will be at? Jess.Wilson Academics 2 09-09-2008 06:21 PM
Malaria Bites: How MacInsiders, Trance at Mac and the McMaster Red Cross are Helping lorend ARCHIVES 0 01-16-2008 08:22 AM

MacInsiders Mentioned in McMaster Times (Volume 25, Number 1)

Old 01-12-2010 at 10:05 PM   #1
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

MacInsiders Mentioned in McMaster Times (Volume 25, Number 1)
MacInisders has been mentioned in the McMaster Times, the McMaster Alumni Association's magazine!

The magazine is published three times a year (Winter, Spring and Fall), and is sent free to all alumni in the mail.

In the Alumni Directions section, Karen McQuigge, the director of Alumni Advancement talks about how her life has changed since she was a student at McMaster because of the advent of Web 2.0, and how the MAA has utilized it in the past couple of years to bring McMaster to people even if they are not on campus or elsewhere in Hamilton.

She says:

These are just a few of the ways Web 2.0 is extending the McMaster experience beyond the edges of campus. McMaster students have created a popular website called www.macinsiders.com that provides a venue for students to share insights, tips, advice, news and even recipes (among other things).

We are so excited to be mentioned in the McMaster Times! This magazine goes out to all McMaster Alumni (over 120 000 to date), and reaches people all over the word. A PDF of the magazine will be available online soon.

Cheers,
Chad Fullerton, MacInsiders founder and President
Danielle Lorenz, MacInsiders VP Admin

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-12-2010 at 11:53 PM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

This prompted me to actually read my copy.
Old 01-12-2010 at 11:54 PM   #3
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Amazing. It's nice to see the site grow each day and see it get this kind of recognition.

lorend says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 01-13-2010 at 12:09 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
This prompted me to actually read my copy.
I always read my copy!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-13-2010 at 12:14 AM   #5
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

It's my first one. *shakes fist*

I've been getting shafted! I had to call and complain that I wasn't getting them.
Old 01-13-2010 at 10:53 AM   #6
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Congrats to Chad and the team. This is the #1 place to get information about all things McMaster. Keep up the great work!

lorend likes this.
Old 01-13-2010
FireDragoonX
This message has been removed by a moderator. .