MOSAIC not working?? belindz! General Discussion 10 03-25-2015 11:44 AM
Spring Mosaic Registration? soltintal Academics 13 03-23-2015 10:04 AM
How good is MOSAIC going to be? lightsms Academics 6 08-13-2013 09:06 PM

MOSAIC Help & Discussion Official Thread

Old 03-23-2015 at 03:45 PM   #1
RebeccaM

Liked: 2 Times

MOSAIC Help & Discussion Official Thread
I can log into mosaic now, but it keeps saying I haven't selected an "enrollment section" when there isn't actually anything to select... I even watched the training video and the process in the video is different than whats happening irl on mosaic... so has anyone been able to actually enroll or register for a spring/summer course yet?
Old 03-23-2015 at 03:50 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

MOSAIC General Megathread
Please post all comments, questions, concerns, etc regarding Mosaic in this thread

Last edited by Leeoku : 03-23-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2015 at 03:57 PM   #3
Menzies

Liked: 10 Times

At present, transfer credits have not migrated over. Hopefully this will not impact people trying to use those credits for prerequisites.

Not My Tempo says thanks to Menzies for this post.
Old 03-23-2015 at 03:58 PM   #4
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

Mosaic is Queen's admission website rip off.., slow, and untidy
Old 03-23-2015 at 04:03 PM   #5
Menzies

Liked: 10 Times

Yes I got in and registered but am unable to pay as it does not recognize my network as secure.

So you went to the Student Centre, Clicked on "Enroll" and two terms did not come up (Winter and Spring)? That's what I got and then I was able to add in my course.
Old 03-23-2015 at 04:04 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Currently I'm on coop and just gona wait till September till all this crap gets sorted out.

I know from coop experience implementing new software, it never really is ready on release.
Old 03-23-2015 at 04:07 PM   #7
RebeccaM

Yeah I can get to spring enrollment, and pick the course from my "planning" thing but then it wont add it to my "shopping cart" it keeps saying I need to choose a section, but there is no section for me to choose.
Old 03-23-2015 at 04:16 PM   #8
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

Same for me RebeccaM. I'm trying for spring. I can sign in, see everything, but then when I click on the enrollment button I get a thing saying I have no access to enrollment at this time.
Old 03-23-2015 at 04:32 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaM View Post
I can log into mosaic now, but it keeps saying I haven't selected an "enrollment section" when there isn't actually anything to select... I even watched the training video and the process in the video is different than whats happening irl on mosaic... so has anyone been able to actually enroll or register for a spring/summer course yet?
Based on one of the 3-4 other threads on this topic, registration has been delayed due to technical issues.
Old 03-23-2015 at 05:04 PM   #10
danix450

anyone know where the work-study forms are?
Old 03-23-2015 at 05:16 PM   #11
Ponyo

Liked: 278 Times

I watched the enrollment video, and it said course number is needed and can be obtained from the course catalogue. I tried to google mcmaster course catalogue but was unsuccessful, and when I browsed course catalouge on mosaic I wasn't able to find the course number. Anyone know how to find course numbers?
Old 03-23-2015 at 05:28 PM   #12
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by danix450 View Post
anyone know where the work-study forms are?
If you google it it should come up - not sure what it has to do with Mosaic, unless they're integrating the forms with Mosaic, in which case you should wait until they've got things sorted out for the new system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
I watched the enrollment video, and it said course number is needed and can be obtained from the course catalogue. I tried to google mcmaster course catalogue but was unsuccessful, and when I browsed course catalouge on mosaic I wasn't able to find the course number. Anyone know how to find course numbers?
Pretty sure that refers to the course codes found in the course calendar. Idk why the terminology is different :S
Old 03-23-2015 at 05:57 PM   #13
Ponyo

Liked: 278 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post

Pretty sure that refers to the course codes found in the course calendar. Idk why the terminology is different :S
If by course code you mean ex. MAC 1L3, that's not what they want :( The video said that doesn't work and I tried it and it didn't work, apparently there is a 5 digit number (according to the video) for each course. I'm unable to find these course numbers.

edit:
I checked the video again, it seems that they posted a new pop up notification https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI-emqjlMuA at 1:32, but their steps don't really work b.c to search for the course they ask for the number And that process doesn't let you pick a term, and you can't proceed without picking a term :/

edit: problem solved
It looks like there are no numbers, I don't know what the video is talking about.
But you could add the course to your planner then go to enrollment, and ignore the course number and just select to pick courses from your planner.

Last edited by Ponyo : 03-23-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2015 at 06:24 PM   #14
MeenaM

Liked: 0 Times

Program Change on Mosaic
I have a question. I was always told since the summer of first year that if I wanted to change my program i can always put down multiple choices. Until today when Mosaic did not give me that option and my faculty advisors (socsci) said that since im not a first year, only one option can be put.

I later found out that this is NOT the case for other faculties (for sure Humanities and Science), so what should I do? Anyone in any other faculties have the same problem (Engineering? Commerce?) <-- You dont have to actually change your program, just by going through the steps of it should tell you if you have one choice or 4.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 03-23-2015 at 06:42 PM   #15
amandafod

Liked: 0 Times

When I click "Enrol" I get a message that says "You do not have access to enrollment at this time"

I also don't have the "Support" tab on my mosaic. I only have the "Home" and "Student Center" tabs.

Does anyone know who/what department I would contact to fix this?