MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TV Show: The Walking Dead Chad Movies & Television 9 11-03-2010 07:11 PM
Left 4 Dead 2 anyone? Kendoon Gaming 29 10-17-2010 02:24 AM
Anyone currently watching Highschool of the dead? xxsumz Anime & Comic Books 4 09-12-2010 11:31 AM
Large dead insects on campus HeatherH General Discussion 36 08-16-2009 11:21 AM

Our Glorious Dead.

Old 11-02-2010 at 06:40 PM   #1
burforbt

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Our Glorious Dead.
Being that there is one week until Remembrance Day, I just want to tell people about how good the ceremony was at University Hall last year. I feel that Remembrance Day is very understated within the student population. We seem to forget the immense importance of the events of the first half of the 20th century. The ceremony focused on the McMaster Alumni that have fought and died in all Canadian armed conflicts. Remember that most of these men and women were less then 25 years old. Their youth was taken from them in the worst way.

Whether you have a family member served, or you want to honour the millions of lives lost despite nationality, or you just want to celebrate the victories of Canada.

We all have a connection to the World War's.

And whatever your personal reasons are, show your respect anyway you can on Nov. 11th. Attend the ceremony, ask your professor to have a moment of silence at 11:11. Do anything to Remember.

danallan, lorend, _Luu_ all say thanks to burforbt for this post.
Old 11-02-2010 at 08:50 PM   #2
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

it truly is a fantastic ceremony.

if you are free, i highly recommend it.

peter george was good last year, would like to see how deane does it
Old 11-02-2010 at 10:02 PM   #3
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

It's one of my best friends' 19th birthday, so I better get my respects in early