MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:14 AM   #1
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

P90x
Anyone tried this program?
Does it work?
how much time did you allocate to it a day?

For those who don't know what it is, its a workout/fitness program that supposedly guarantees amazing results.

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxMwrcey5GA
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:17 AM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
Anyone tried this program?
Yes

Quote:
Does it work?
No... But as I am a lazy fatass I gave up after about 3 weeks

Quote:
how much time did you allocate to it a day?
If you follow their plan, 1-3 hours a day.
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:19 AM   #3
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

My brother did this..it definitely worked but it was pretty time consuming (I think it's about an hour give or take everyday) plus.. it goes beyond just the workout... he also altered his diet and ran on the side.

overall...if you have the time and dedication, go for it! if executed properly, you'll get great results!
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:23 AM   #4
Katia
Account Disabled by User

I am very fit to begin with, so I'm just using it to push myself and get the best results..but don't want to get too muscular because I've seen girls getting very athletic looking after it... which isn't what I'm looking for.
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:24 AM   #5
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

I Got Ripped In 3 Weeks Click Here To Find Out How

Old 06-04-2010 at 12:30 AM   #6
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Quote:
I am very fit to begin with, so I'm just using it to push myself and get the best results..but don't want to get too muscular because I've seen girls getting very athletic looking after it... which isn't what I'm looking for.
They have a "lean" workout option which supposedly emphasizes more on cardio and weight loss

Plus you could always just use less weights =/

Oh, and the Ab-Ripper video's basically torture (then again, I am still a lazy fatass >_<)
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:32 AM   #7
ColinT

Liked: 0 Times

p90x is nothing special, just a simplified workout routine.

will give results if you stick to it consistently. working out is only half the equation, the other half is nutrition, ask any nutritionist, or any gym rat lol.

if you aren't looking to get the athletic look, what is it for? just to look good?

Old 06-04-2010 at 12:32 AM   #8
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Hahahaa! Well you're not a lazy fatass if you atleast tried the ab rippper...
Or wait.. did you? or did you just take one look at the video and quit? haha
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:34 AM   #9
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

I got about 1/4th of the way in when I just said "screw it" >_<

I'll stick with calorie cutting and regular situps for now, kay thanks
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:36 AM   #10
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinT View Post
p90x is nothing special, just a simplified workout routine.

will give results if you stick to it consistently. working out is only half the equation, the other half is nutrition, ask any nutritionist, or any gym rat lol.

if you aren't looking to get the athletic look, what is it for? just to look good?
I just wanted to try something new, since I have way too much time on my hands.
The only exercise I get is from golf or just hiking/jogging. I hate sports.

I don't follow a diet or take any supplements but I don't have an appetite at all..I know its unhealthy but I think thats why I keep fit without any exercise.

The reason for this is I guess to look better..I just ordered $300 worth of bikinis online so...
Old 06-04-2010 at 01:23 AM   #11
ColinT

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
I just wanted to try something new, since I have way too much time on my hands.
The only exercise I get is from golf or just hiking/jogging. I hate sports.

I don't follow a diet or take any supplements but I don't have an appetite at all..I know its unhealthy but I think thats why I keep fit without any exercise.

The reason for this is I guess to look better..I just ordered $300 worth of bikinis online so...
Haha Katia, go for it! P90X is great if you keep motivated, many people quit halfway through...haha Jeff...but it's def. not BS and works.

Though I recommend at least taking a multivitamin a day to keep healthy!

I prefer sticking to weights, running and soccer =)

I guess you're looking forward to the bikinis! Btw, this is a little creepy but I know you're Stasya's friend haha. Just wanted to point that out, macinsiders is a small world, you would recognize me if you saw me lmao.

Old 06-04-2010 at 04:09 AM   #12
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

Yes it works. I've been through 2 rounds, just finished my first month of the 3rd round.

First round I used the lean version went from 185 pounds -> 150.
Second round doing classic 150 -> 160 (muscle weight)
Now on third round classic again and actually using supplements this time (not steroids) hoping to be 170 pounds by end of summer.

You will need to put in 1 - 1.5 hours /day every day of the week except sunday which is optional stretching or rest. You will also need to eat a lot healthier.

It is NOT easy and a lot of people start and quit it, you need a lot of will power. You have to get through the first month, see the results after recovery week then you will love it. Now I can't wait to do it daily.

No before or after pics unfortunately :(

PM me if you need more details.

Last edited by mOeeOm : 06-04-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-04-2010 at 06:10 AM   #13
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

so...EM AI AL EFF
Old 06-04-2010 at 08:20 AM   #14
Goce
Elite Member

You should do resistance tube training. It's portable and can take up as little as 15-30 mins of your time. It's $15-45 for a tube. It's pretty much designed for what you want.
Old 06-04-2010 at 08:48 AM   #15
gholitf

Liked: Liked 4 Times

As the people before me said, IT WORKS!!!! But there is a caveat: you need to be dedicated meaning you have to put in 1-1.5 hours every day and you need to start eating healthy. Eating healthy means cutting down on the proportions of your food but eat more often. So instead of having a huge meal at noon, split it up to two half meals at noon and 3 pm. Also, cut down on ANY kind of soda or sugary drinks. Eat more vegetables and avoid fatty food as much as possible. Then you will get fantastics results. The bottom line is: P90X is not magic. It's basically a daily workout routine in which works all parts of your body and if it is paired with good nutrition, you will see fantastic results.