MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:14 AM   #1
Hackett

Liked: 1 Time

Swimming club at mcmaster?
Hi, I've been swimming a lot this past month and love it. I think joining a swim club would be awesome to improve, have fun, and meet like minded individuals. Is there a swim club at mcmaster?

Last edited by Hackett : 09-05-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2012 at 09:51 AM   #2
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

There is a varsity team, which if you haven't swum competitively before will almost certainly not make it.

There is also a masters swim team, which is run by the assistant varsity coach. He designs practices and helps you, but there is no commitment, so you can just go and do the assigned practice.

Hackett, jerryliuisme all say thanks to tungo89 for this post.

Hackett likes this.
Old 09-09-2012 at 07:32 AM   #3
jerryliuisme

I love swimming, too. I swim at least three times a week. The varsity team is professional. Not sure you can make it if you just started to swim.

If you like swimming, just come to the pool during the recreation hours and join us. we could be swimming buddy? lol anyways, Keep practising.

Hackett says thanks to jerryliuisme for this post.
Old 09-09-2012
jerryliuisme
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-10-2012 at 03:08 PM   #4
alanza

There is a Masters Swim club starting up on September 17th. The minimum requirement is you have to be able to swim 200 m without stopping. There are plenty of practices to choose from. Also, you can try for the first week without paying to see if you like it. It's not a competitive team, its just for fitness. The registration is on the athletics & rec under aquatics, then choose programs.

And you can email the coach at [email protected] aster.ca

Hope it helped

Hackett says thanks to alanza for this post.

glasswingz likes this.
Old 09-19-2012 at 04:34 PM   #5
Hackett

I've been going to both open hours and the masters swim, thanks for the help everyone!