MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-06-2011 at 04:59 PM   #31
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

@lifeguards: I have a problem, maybe you've encountered other people this too. Whenever I dive into the water, I feel a kinda awkward pain in my nose...is that normal?
Old 01-06-2011 at 05:09 PM   #32
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
@lifeguards: I have a problem, maybe you've encountered other people this too. Whenever I dive into the water, I feel a kinda awkward pain in my nose...is that normal?

Are you blowing out of your nose so that water doesn't gush in?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Afzal says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 01-06-2011 at 05:20 PM   #33
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Water in your nose is never a nice feeling. Kinda burns.. But yeah, this is normal for inexperienced swimmers. You get used to doing things so water does not get in your nose if you practice swimming often enough.

Correct diving procedure has your arms form a point above you with your fore-arms covering your ears, if you enter the water like this you will not get water in your nose. However most new swimmers tend to look forward rather than down when diving head first, leaving your nasal cavities in the perfect spot to be flooded with water (not fun)

That's the form you want when entering. obviously you'll assume this form in a less extreme angle when diving from the pool deck or a shorter diving board, but I couldn't find a nice picture of that.

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 01-06-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Afzal says thanks to REPLEKIA/. for this post.
Old 01-06-2011 at 06:23 PM   #34
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
sometimes if i'm congested when i swim(allergies in summer) i get a weird pressure/pain in my nose when i dive in. some people have problems with goggles putting pressure in their noses when they dive deep, and as said above, it could just be water in your nose.

Afzal says thanks to brendanp for this post.
Old 01-10-2011 at 11:11 PM   #35
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Hmm, I'll pay attention to this the next time I dive

Thank you!

@lawley: dunno, never really noticed...so yeah it's completely possible that I was doing that too.
Old 01-10-2011 at 11:31 PM   #36
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Everything can be learnt through youtube self help videos!
Old 01-14-2011 at 07:48 PM   #37
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh890 View Post
hahah ok... so back to my question... I was thinking at the MAC pool since it's free (I think). It's either that or running on the track since I don't have a pulse membership but am still a MAC student.
So does anyone know if I could wear a tee in the lanes at the MAC pools?

thanks!!! =)
yes you can wear a tee in the pool. people do it all the time.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 01-14-2011 at 07:49 PM   #38
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by djRAIN View Post
yes you can wear a tee in the pool. people do it all the time.
are you searching for old threads to bump?
Old 01-14-2011 at 09:20 PM   #39
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
Everything can be learnt through youtube self help videos!
Even self-dentistry.