MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-14-2009 at 01:22 PM   #31
dcfcmelissa

Liked: 2 Times

Here's a cheesy/brutally awful joke..

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns many expensive cars.

Now he has a hole in one!!!

Sorry guys I just had to!

Nosh likes this.
Old 12-14-2009 at 02:03 PM   #32
willli

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
1). Tiger's just doing what's natural to him (and technically, humanity) and he gets shit for it? Because he's married? Big deal. Like the institution of marriage means anything anymore.
It is not natural to cheat on your wife. If you want to sleep with multiple people, dont get married!!!!! No one would give Tiger shit if he wasnt married.

Marriage does mean something to many people. Just because you come from a broken home doesnt mean everyone does. Tiger Woods is disgusting.

rrtt says thanks to willli for this post.

jo87, rrtt like this.
Old 12-14-2009 at 03:04 PM   #33
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by willli View Post
It is not natural to cheat on your wife. If you want to sleep with multiple people, dont get married!!!!! No one would give Tiger shit if he wasnt married.
I agree abt the marriage part with willli..the big deal is that he is married and has stories as such taking rounds. It would kill his family life i assume and added to that he has a daughter. It's a shame how media and celebrities are all over the place. But true that, all the publicity on Tiger Woods is specifically due to his career achievements and him being super rich!

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 12-14-2009 at 03:41 PM   #34
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
I know you're not attacking me. ;P No worries there. I'm gonna reply, but it might not be the most well thought out since, you know.... 2 exams tomorrow that I'm cramming for. >_< Anywho!

I'll start off with saying that 1) and 2) go hand in hand. What the majority find acceptable stems from some sort of religious background. Thou shall not kill. Why not? Because the bible says so (and probably some other sacred texts, but I haven't read those ones).

I'm going to move my perspective that I've made clear in previous threads. It's human nature to want companionship/love/sex. Yet for some reason, looking for more than one partner or "multiple connections" is frowned upon. Why? Because of 1). Tiger's just doing what's natural to him (and technically, humanity) and he gets shit for it? Because he's married? Big deal. Like the institution of marriage means anything anymore. If he still took care of his wife, didn't give her STDs, put his kids through school, showed his wife affection, what's the problem? Sex is just sex. Why should someone you like ****ing someone else affect you? Sex has 2 purposes: reproduction and pleasure. If you get pleasure while with someone, who cares what that person does on their own time.

And no, I can't convince you that murder is morally wrong. I don't think it is. I'll argue to the death that if we didn't have the laws we have, (many more) people would be killing left, right, and center.

I blame it all on religion (XD), and it shocks me how so many religious values are still engrained in society.

This has got to be the scariest thing I ever read on macinsiders. Im scared for the future if more people think like this, which they most likely do.

huzaifa47, rrtt all say thanks to jo87 for this post.

huzaifa47, Richa, rrtt like this.
Old 12-14-2009 at 05:48 PM   #35
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by willli View Post

Marriage does mean something to many people. Just because you come from a broken home doesnt mean everyone does. Tiger Woods is disgusting.
a) I don't come from a broken home, but way to make yourself look like a tard. Next thing you'll know, you'll be telling me that I don't believe in god because I've had some tramautizing life experience and turned away from the holy spirit. -rolls eyes- (also, true story).

b) He probably got married for the family image. If I were in his shoes, I would have too. It's typically a good image to have in the media.

Quote:
This has got to be the scariest thing I ever read on macinsiders. Im scared for the future if more people think like this, which they most likely do.

I'm just the only one who doesn't care about getting judged for voicing her thoughts. XD

Quote:
If you've never experienced more, or can't fathom experiencing more, then God-willing, someday you do...(:

That's all I can say...I can't really convince you otherwise, but you can.

I'm genuinely offended. Brb, vomitting.

I really don't care to experience "more."

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 12-14-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-14-2009 at 07:56 PM   #36
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
He probably got married for the family image. If I were in his shoes, I would have too. It's typically a good image to have in the media.
It is only good if you can keep that image. If you are going to go around and sleep with >10 women, it’s a stupid decision. His image is now completely destroyed. It would have been better if he did not get married.

You would get married and have kids all for the "image"? Really? I am the only one who thinks that is extremely selfish and disturbing? I cannot imagine what the kids are going through....

I have to agree 100% with jo87. What is the world coming to?
Old 12-14-2009 at 08:04 PM   #37
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post

Side note 1: I think this is simply something we've been conditioned to feel entitled to. There's no reason why someone 'needs' to get friendly with everyone they know...in my opinion the notion that we have 'animal instincts' such as this is pure propaganda (ie. the whole notion of 'animals do it, therefore it's ok').

There are many things animals do which are unacceptable to do as human beings. :p Flinging feces, rape, etc. for instance. But all of a sudden because animals fornicate like crazy, it's evidence that people 'have to?' It's inconsistent reasoning.

Of course once you have it in your head that people 'need' to smoke, everyone will be a smoker, even though it would feel true (ie. it's an addiction), it's obviously untrue...I think frequent sex is an example of this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've never experienced more, or can't fathom experiencing more, then God-willing, someday you do...(:

Ditto! Mowicz and me finally agree on something :p

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 12-14-2009 at 09:38 PM   #38
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

I wonder what golf club Tiger's wife used to beat him...

Old 12-14-2009 at 09:43 PM   #39
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I wonder what golf club Tiger's wife used to beat him...
I'd say either a Wood or Driver.

John H, Matthew K like this.
Old 12-14-2009 at 10:13 PM   #40
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

lol..kevin how did u end up with that!?

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 12-14-2009 at 11:25 PM   #41
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

^ Haha nice Kevin
Old 12-15-2009 at 12:04 AM   #42
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
I'm genuinely offended. Brb, vomitting.

I really don't care to experience "more."
It's like sushi...people are afraid to try it, but once they find out how tasty it is they can't imagine ever having been disgusted by the idea.

You don't care to experience more...but if you ever did, you'd feel silly for saying that. All I'm saying is, I hope that turns out to be the case...nobody should be forced to go through their whole life with such a cynical perspective.
Old 12-15-2009 at 12:07 AM   #43
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
lol..kevin how did u end up with that!?
lol well...

*Referring to the above guide

Driver
-> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...r-his-mistress

3 Wood -> http://www.examiner.com/x-27745-SF-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d7-Was-Tiger-Woods-drunk-or-high-on-the-night-he-crashed-highway-patrol-document-link-here

This Angry Wife Golf Club Guide makes so much sense! :p

Last edited by Kevin S : 12-15-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-15-2009 at 03:08 AM   #44
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:

lolwut?

Last edited by andrew22 : 12-15-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-15-2009 at 08:02 AM   #45
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
It's like sushi...people are afraid to try it, but once they find out how tasty it is they can't imagine ever having been disgusted by the idea.

You don't care to experience more...but if you ever did, you'd feel silly for saying that. All I'm saying is, I hope that turns out to be the case...nobody should be forced to go through their whole life with such a cynical perspective.
I'm not afraid to try anything. In fact, I'm the pickiest eater you'll ever meet, but I'll still try something new multiple times to see if I'll like it.

I'm not being forced to think this way. Sex is just sex. There's no magic behind it. This isn't a Disney movie.

Quote:
You would get married and have kids all for the "image"? Really? I am the only one who thinks that is extremely selfish and disturbing? I cannot imagine what the kids are going through....

Sorry, allow me to rephrase.
I would only get married for the image. Especially if I was some sort of politician, or if I knew it would help me with sponsors or whatever. (but I'd let the person I was marrying know. too much drama otherwise)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 12-15-2009 at 08:04 AM.