MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 08:42 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
When is the timetable out? jubilantx Academics 6 08-06-2010 10:19 PM
Changes to timetable? lavalampsky Academics 14 08-12-2009 08:21 PM
timetable Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-12-2009 01:19 PM

timetable

Old 08-05-2007 at 08:36 PM   #166
hs_kim14

Liked: 0 Times

well you can see the times at the master time table.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /internal/timet/
and myself, I made a timetable and started putting the courses I need one by one again,
until i got one perfect timetable that was conflict-free.
well, it took me approx. 2hrs...
Plus, I am not sure if the schedule I made will work, bcuz there is a huge possibility that the sections I chose might be full already.

So, i guess we will have to leave it to all luck. lol
Old 08-05-2007 at 08:42 PM   #167
SaraM

yeah!
ugh, what do you do when you have 4 conflicts per term.

i dont know how i screwed it up so badly, or how they screwed it up.
Old 08-05-2007 at 08:42 PM   #168
giovane

wow this is horrible lol is there a way I can call mac or something so they can help me sort this out?
and do u know that if when solar reopens do we choose from a list like all the diffrent times and dates??
Old 08-05-2007 at 08:48 PM   #169
Cuppycake

I'm pretty sure when Solar reopens, you're only allowed to select a different section. Eg) C01, C02, L01, L02, T01, T02.. etc

If I remember correctly, they won't be listing the times and dates. But hey, I could be wrong, this year might be different. lol
Old 08-05-2007 at 10:27 PM   #170
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

August 5th Update (see homepage for latest)
Expect the timetable server to be more stable when we hit a business day (such as Tuesday) when staff are there to fix the problems. I'll be posting information as it comes in as I try to find answers on when the timetables will be back up for good, what the update is with the 'conflict' problems/bugs, and how to switch your classes/sections to avoid the conflicts, and just about every other question you guys have been posting in the forum. Don't worry... I'm looking into it for all of you, so just keep checking back here for the latest. MI has your back!
Old 08-05-2007 at 10:28 PM   #171
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Note: Most conflicts appear to be coming from labs or tutorials. Remember that once SOLAR re-opens on Tuesday you will be able to switch up your tutorial/lab sections to different ones that are open and this should effectively resolve your conflicting schedules.
Old 08-05-2007 at 11:57 PM   #172
jagk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Note: Most conflicts appear to be coming from labs or tutorials. Remember that once SOLAR re-opens on Tuesday you will be able to switch up your tutorial/lab sections to different ones that are open and this should effectively resolve your conflicting schedules.
Will it be only labs and tutorials that we'll be able to change or core classes as well? Just wanna make sure so i can plan accordingly thanks!
Old 08-06-2007 at 08:43 AM   #173
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

You can change core classes as well right up to the end of the drop/add period which happens for the first few weeks in september once classes begin. So you have plenty of time to switch up your courses, even after classes start.
Old 08-06-2007 at 09:58 AM   #174
legercp

if there is a course only offered in the evening that i selected back when we did course selections,,, is it still possible to choose another course?? or is that window of opportunity long gone?
Old 08-06-2007 at 10:16 AM   #175
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

It doesn't matter if the course was a Day or Evening course, you can switch out of it if you wish during the Drop/Add period
Old 08-06-2007 at 11:13 AM   #176
Amara

great the timetable's gone again/.
this is so frustrating!
Old 08-06-2007 at 12:04 PM   #177
Sarah A.
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwilliam View Post
Sorry this is a little confusing. Are we able to put an "E O W" lab on top of another "E O W" lab? Say we have a bio/chem lab... both "E O W" ... but on the same day/time. Will that automatically work itself out to be split up so you have 1 of the labs for 1 week and the other for the next?
A quick message for those of you who have been asking about labs that are every other week (EOW). Some of the responses have been that you can schedule labs on the same day and time as long as they're opposite weeks. I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT DO THIS!!! Since we have long weekends and holidays during the semester some of the labs end up getting pushed back a week, while others do not. I've known people that, as a result, have ended up having both labs slotted at the same time afterwards. So when SOLAR reopens, I suggest you do not book labs on the same day and time!!!
Old 08-06-2007 at 12:31 PM   #178
naimaa

Liked: 6 Times

when labs and tutorials are every other week and at the same time, do they tell you which one to go to first?
or do you choose which week you want your lab/tutorial?
Old 08-06-2007 at 01:49 PM   #179
Sarah A.
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1 Time

They will tell you. For instance, in chemistry or biology your lab number will either be even or odd. If odds are in the lab first, evens will start with their tutorial. You don't get to pick, it's already been planned out by the department.
Old 08-06-2007 at 01:53 PM   #180
naimaa

Liked: 6 Times

k thanks that makes sense =)

is it bad to have 3 lectures in a row (bio/math/chem)? or is it manageable?

Last edited by naimaa : 08-06-2007 at 01:58 PM.