MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-04-2012 at 08:19 PM   #16
jingletunes

Liked: 28 Times

this is just a huge blow for the raptors and their market. this is going to affect future free agent signings big time.
Old 07-04-2012 at 08:47 PM   #17
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

lakers were already stacked. if they didnt lose either bynum or pau then they will be even beastier. its unfair.
Old 07-04-2012 at 10:43 PM   #18
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

A: ****. nash shouldv'e come to toronto, albeit the chances were slim
B: WOW LA is stackedddddddd
C: if LA can get their golden hands on DHowards (unlikely) this team is gonna be...elite again. even more so

but stevey gets 9 mil a year, gets to play on a legit contender, and gets to MAYBE win a ring

suns got ripped off, totally unfair trade for Phoenix even thought they had little choice. 2 first rounders and 2 2nd rounders and 3 mil in cash? WTF?!?!
Old 07-04-2012 at 11:11 PM   #19
Silver
Elite Member

why does everyone think dwight is amazing? bynum is better. that is easy to see. dwight would do good with nash but bynum does fine too and bynum doesnt get his points of putbacks only. dwight has garbage offense, worse attitude than bynum. he would bring players down all the time in orlando. this wouldnt happen with nash or kobe on his team but why would you want someone like that especially when bynum is better? ppl need to get off of dwight just cause he is hyped up into a superstar. he isnt even a superstar lol.
Old 07-04-2012 at 11:42 PM   #20
Schen

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
why does everyone think dwight is amazing? bynum is better. that is easy to see. dwight would do good with nash but bynum does fine too and bynum doesnt get his points of putbacks only. dwight has garbage offense, worse attitude than bynum. he would bring players down all the time in orlando. this wouldnt happen with nash or kobe on his team but why would you want someone like that especially when bynum is better? ppl need to get off of dwight just cause he is hyped up into a superstar. he isnt even a superstar lol.
"he would bring players down all the time" <---- Dwight Howard has one of the most laid back personalities I ever seen in the NBA. He doesn't blame any of his teammates, heck you don't even see dwight blame/complain to the refs. So how could he possibly bring down his players?

"He isn't even a superstar lol" <----- I've got nothing to say about that, it's pretty self-explanatory
Old 07-04-2012 at 11:52 PM   #21
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schen View Post
"he would bring players down all the time" <---- Dwight Howard has one of the most laid back personalities I ever seen in the NBA. He doesn't blame any of his teammates, heck you don't even see dwight blame/complain to the refs. So how could he possibly bring down his players?

"He isn't even a superstar lol" <----- I've got nothing to say about that, it's pretty self-explanatory
http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/1/29...s-on-teammates

and he screwed over van gundy. Dwight will not mesh well on the lakers.
Old 07-05-2012 at 07:04 AM   #22
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schen View Post

Most laid back? dude have you not been reading the articles for the past year? the guy is a diva that is trying to force his way to one team. He does bring his teammates down because instead of focusing on the season all year, they have to put up with his prima donna act which is just a huge distraction. This whole Dwight business has gotten to be more annoying than the Melo drama of a year ago.
Old 07-05-2012 at 01:55 PM   #23
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Plan B: Raptors just got Kyle Lowry (from Houston), they traded Gary Forbes and a first round pick.

Chris23 likes this.
Old 07-05-2012 at 02:19 PM   #24
Chris23
Account Locked

Just read that too! Definitely a good substitute for not getting nash!
Old 07-08-2012 at 04:25 PM   #25
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

I say just sign Jeremy Lin because hype is fun, or Kevin Durant because he's adorable.

In all honestly though this franchise has been a mess since we lost Mr. Dinosaur Face himself, Chris Bosh. Never again will a sports team's name and its star player be so congruous.
Old 07-08-2012 at 04:35 PM   #26
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
I say just sign Jeremy Lin because hype is fun, or Kevin Durant because he's adorable.

In all honestly though this franchise has been a mess since we lost Mr. Dinosaur Face himself, Chris Bosh. Never again will a sports team's name and its star player be so congruous.
Houston moved Lowry so that they can sign Lin and Raps should try to get Rudy Gay. Raps' starting five would be: valanciunas, bargnani, gay, derozan and lowry. Pretty good starting five IMO.
Old 07-09-2012 at 07:04 AM   #27
Chris23
Account Locked

This franchise was stilll a mess when we had Bosh, and no reasonable fan in the NBA would want Jeremy Lin. The guy is so inefficient when it comes to Assists vs Turnovers
Old 07-09-2012 at 08:54 AM   #28
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
This franchise was stilll a mess when we had Bosh, and no reasonable fan in the NBA would want Jeremy Lin. The guy is so inefficient when it comes to Assists vs Turnovers
the Knicks signed him to a 4 year (or was it 5...) deal-first 2 years 5mil, then an increase to 9.4 mil the next 2 years
The marketing possibilities for Lin are limitless, he's a walking billboard. I mean, an Asian-American basketball player who played for Harvard, wasn't drafted and then signed by the knicks...to everyone's surprise, he turned out to be awesome.
Jersey sales will spike 10000%, prices for anything with "Lin" on them will skyrocket-Lin wasn't signed entirely based on his basketbal prowess but rather the potential of his marketability.

Do I think he's the best point in the league? No, not with Rondo, Nash, DRose, CP3, Westy and co. still breathing. But he has the potential to be a decent player and earn many MANY millions of dollars for the NYKnicks.
Old 07-09-2012 at 10:41 AM   #29
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpatel View Post
the Knicks signed him to a 4 year (or was it 5...) deal-first 2 years 5mil, then an increase to 9.4 mil the next 2 years
The marketing possibilities for Lin are limitless, he's a walking billboard. I mean, an Asian-American basketball player who played for Harvard, wasn't drafted and then signed by the knicks...to everyone's surprise, he turned out to be awesome.
Jersey sales will spike 10000%, prices for anything with "Lin" on them will skyrocket-Lin wasn't signed entirely based on his basketbal prowess but rather the potential of his marketability.

Do I think he's the best point in the league? No, not with Rondo, Nash, DRose, CP3, Westy and co. still breathing. But he has the potential to be a decent player and earn many MANY millions of dollars for the NYKnicks.
So they are paying big dollars for a mascot. He shot an insane number of shots a game to have those big scoring games when Melo was out along with Amare. He also averaged the most turnovers per game in his first 6 starts in the history of the NBA. Completely inefficient. If this guy wasnt Asian, he would be another no body. The only reason he is "big" is because the Asian-American fanbase is backing him. Thats it. Still dont believe this guy deserves a big contract. Any team that gives him one is more concerned with finances than they are with winning a championship. Im glad the raps got Lowry over this guy.
Old 07-09-2012 at 11:05 AM   #30
Silver
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpatel View Post

new york makes enough money and profit as it is. lin doesnt make them much better lol. as stated already, he is inefficient. doesnt matter though. knicks will always be a bad team in the league but mediocre in the east.

raps were trash even with bosh. only time we werent trash was before vince got his injuries going and we shouldve made it to the finals in 2001.

Chris23, Swampis like this.