MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Sci 2N03/Bio 2B03 (switch my Term 2 for Term 1) ExploreJQ Academics 0 09-04-2013 09:07 PM
life science 2no3 switch from term one to term two Annieloveedw Academics 1 09-06-2012 05:19 PM
I WILL DROP MMEDIA 1A03 (TERM 1) for ECON 2J03 (TERM 2) ah2013 Academics 2 04-30-2012 10:56 PM
NEED lifesci 2d03 1st term, GIVING 2nd term?? traveler10 Academics 1 09-16-2011 05:41 PM
Does anyone who has term 2 Physics 1L03 want to trade for the term 1 course? Yuls Academics 0 08-13-2010 01:42 PM

1st term or 2nd term

Old 04-19-2014 at 12:42 AM   #1
DumBledoR

Liked: 0 Times

1st term or 2nd term
Hi ,
I was just checking the course listings in undergrad calender and under every course it says something like
"Three lectures, one tutorial (two hours);second term"
Does the "second term" means the course is only available in the 2nd term or it's just an advice
for us to take it in 2nd term?
thanks
Old 04-19-2014 at 08:43 AM   #2
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

That means it is only available second term

DumBledoR says thanks to Snowman for this post.
Old 04-19-2014 at 10:55 AM   #3
DumBledoR

I know i should already know this but can anyone point me where i can find what term Level 3 and 4 Commerce courses are offered in?
i cant find the info anywhere and undergraduate calender doesnt seem to list it
Old 04-19-2014 at 10:59 AM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumBledoR View Post
I know i should already know this but can anyone point me where i can find what term Level 3 and 4 Commerce courses are offered in?
i cant find the info anywhere and undergraduate calender doesnt seem to list it
It's in the master timetable. However, if the term changes year to year, you'll just have to wait for next year's master timetable to come out.
Old 04-19-2014 at 12:29 PM   #5
DumBledoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
It's in the master timetable. However, if the term changes year to year, you'll just have to wait for next year's master timetable to come out.
Can you please give a link to the latest one? i'm sorry but i've neved heard of it before
Old 04-19-2014 at 12:37 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

You can access it by googling "McMaster Master Timetable" or through the registrar's website. Just make sure when you're there you select the correct session.

DumBledoR says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 04-19-2014 at 07:12 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

or search your degree and find out the list of courses u need. then right click and it should say the course, prof and term offering. too bad new mcmaster site is a mess

DumBledoR says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 04-19-2014 at 10:49 PM   #8
DumBledoR

found it. geez
Thank all you guys
Old 04-22-2014 at 08:32 AM   #9
JayJackson69
Account Locked

Liked: 9 Times

How did you make it into third year like this
Old 04-22-2014 at 08:49 AM   #10
DumBledoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJackson69 View Post
How did you make it into third year like this
lol .. well i just checked the calender what courses i need and then register for them on solar(whatever were available to a max of 5-6) but this term i'm taking more of electives so just wanted to know if i could finish the req. courses on time
Old 04-22-2014 at 09:48 AM   #11
JayJackson69
Account Locked

Quote:
lol .. well i just checked the calender what courses i need and then register for them on solar(whatever were available to a max of 5-6) but this term i'm taking more of electives so just wanted to know if i could finish the req. courses on time
I was referring more to the fact that it took you until third year to figure out the difference between first term, second term and third term. Just a bit surprising that is all. If i remember correctly that information is even provided on the course selection pages.
Old 04-22-2014 at 10:17 AM   #12
DumBledoR

Quote:
I was referring more to the fact that it took you until third year to figure out the difference between first term, second term and third term. Just a bit surprising that is all. If i remember correctly that information is even provided on the course selection pages.
i get what you're saying .. i do know the diff between 1st 2nd or 3rd term .. its just that i wanted to make sure that when they say "second term" in course calendar then that means that particular course is available only in that term or if it's available in both terms and that it's not just a guideline to take that particular course in that term. i'm sorry if it wasn't clear in my original post.
Old 04-22-2014 at 11:25 AM   #13
JayJackson69
Account Locked

Quote:
i get what you're saying .. i do know the diff between 1st 2nd or 3rd term .. its just that i wanted to make sure that when they say "second term" in course calendar then that means that particular course is available only in that term or if it's available in both terms and that it's not just a guideline to take that particular course in that term. i'm sorry if it wasn't clear in my original post.
Pretty sure that to in order to know the diff, you need to know that Term 1 does not mean Term 1 or 2, likewise with Term 2. Contradicting your self dumbledore. Snape always was a better Headmaster anyways
Old 04-22-2014 at 11:38 AM   #14
DumBledoR

Quote:
Snape always was a better Headmaster anyways
pretty sure snape would just Avada Kedavra anyone disappointing him in any way with him being headmaster