MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-02-2012 at 01:32 PM   #1
lolidunno

Liked: 12 Times

2.99 Ca?
Just curious about what would happen if someone ended up with a Cumulative Average along the lines of 2.9-2.99... would they just be approximated to 3.0 and get a pass? Or would they be kicked out over the 0.01?
Old 05-02-2012 at 01:40 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolidunno View Post
Just curious about what would happen if someone ended up with a Cumulative Average along the lines of 2.9-2.99... would they just be approximated to 3.0 and get a pass? Or would they be kicked out over the 0.01?
I don't think they round up. :(
Old 05-02-2012 at 02:44 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

As far as I know, in most cases, they won't round up.. you really should look into approaching your professors and ask for a small boost, might be enough to stay in school!
Old 05-02-2012 at 03:29 PM   #4
lolidunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
As far as I know, in most cases, they won't round up.. you really should look into approaching your professors and ask for a small boost, might be enough to stay in school!
thanks, its actually for my friend.
what would you say is the best way to approach profs for something like this? how reliable would it be to just email? considering some profs are might not be teaching during the summer how likely are they to check their mac email and reply back?
Old 05-02-2012 at 03:32 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
what would you say is the best way to approach profs for something like this? how reliable would it be to just email? considering some profs are might not be teaching during the summer how likely are they to check their mac email and reply back?
To make the best impression, it would be best to visit your professor and speak to them face to face. They wouldn't really consider a request to bump up a mark for some student via e-mail. If you or your friend went to see them in person it would show somewhat of a seriousness you or your friend have and really want that bump in the grade. Be prepared to give solid reasons for why you need it though cause it's really a tough call for a professor to bump your grade or not. It all depends on the circumstance(s) though. Good luck!

lolidunno says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 05-02-2012 at 03:36 PM   #6
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Ask them to remark your exams. You can let them know about your situation. I've done this and I've actually been able to find a lot of marks I should have had but didn't get.
Old 05-02-2012 at 03:38 PM   #7
lolidunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
To make the best impression, it would be best to visit your professor and speak to them face to face. They wouldn't really consider a request to bump up a mark for some student via e-mail. If you or your friend went to see them in person it would show somewhat of a seriousness you or your friend have and really want that bump in the grade. Be prepared to give solid reasons for why you need it though cause it's really a tough call for a professor to bump your grade or not. It all depends on the circumstance(s) though. Good luck!
would a prof usually maintain the office hours he had during the last term during the summer term?
if not, how can one get to them in person?
Old 05-02-2012 at 03:44 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
would a prof usually maintain the office hours he had during the last term during the summer term?
if not, how can one get to them in person?
E-mail and/or call (Better to call) to schedule a time to meet up with them.

lolidunno says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 05-03-2012 at 04:12 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

I'm pretty sure they truncate (not round) at one decimal place.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...-13/pg124.html
It says between 3-3.4, not 3-3.5, implying that there is nothing between 3.4 and 3.5.