MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two questions.. MHResident General Discussion 3 10-14-2012 07:35 PM
questions silvec6 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-07-2012 06:32 PM
questions?? raveenaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 08-23-2011 03:36 PM

2 questions, please and thank you!!!

Old 06-09-2014 at 07:00 AM   #1
swifitie4ever

Liked: 1 Time

2 questions, please and thank you!!!
Hey, I have 2 questions and would appreciate the help!!

1. If I have unused amounts in my Freedom account from meal plan last year, how can I request for a refund?Does anyone know if it will be refunded by cheque or credited to my student account?

2. How do we get scholarships? And when are we informed of the Hooker/ Senate scholarships?
Old 06-09-2014 at 07:15 AM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

1. Not refunded but you can use it next year
2. Just apply online on any scholarship site.
Old 06-09-2014 at 04:15 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

I think you can actually request to have the Freedom part refunded (unless that's been changed). Go to their office in the Commons building and ask.
Old 06-09-2014 at 05:53 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

1-You can definitely get it refunded, you just need to send them a written request. I believe they can accept it by email, or you can also give them a call and see if you can fax it to them or something so you don't have to come in if you're not able to do so.

From the page: "The unused portion of your FLEX and/or FREEDOM account will remain in your account for future purchases or can be refunded upon a written request."
Source: http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mealplan/faq.html

Mac Express Centre
1280 Main Street West, Commons 128
Phone: 905-525-9140 extension 27448
Email: [email protected]

2- You'll find out about the Hooker/Senate Scholarships soon, keep checking your MUGSI. Applications for scholarships that need a written applications were due already, so there are no deadlines left unfortunately (they're usually February-April depending on the type of scholarship).