MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Engineering Musical! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 6 03-20-2009 09:33 AM
Engineering Musical wintermelon General Discussion 3 01-22-2009 04:57 PM
Engineering Musical Dates micadjems General Discussion 2 01-22-2009 12:49 PM
Engineering Musical Info Night!! micadjems General Discussion 0 09-15-2008 06:43 AM
10th Annual Mac Engineering Musical Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-12-2008 05:59 PM

2011 McMaster Engineering Musical: The Whiz

Old 03-17-2011 at 03:03 PM   #15
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times
Don't forget you can reserve tickets online and buy at the door!

See you at 8pm tonight!!!

Old 03-17-2011 at 03:05 PM   #16
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
How many engineers do you expect to show up tonight.. (on St. Patty's day)?

LOL

Old 03-18-2011 at 08:55 AM   #17
micadjems
Awesome Member

Our opening night was a great success!! Make sure to get out there and grab your Friday and Saturday tickets before they're gone!!!

Old 03-19-2011 at 11:06 AM   #18
RyanC
Elite Member

This thing was friggin' fantastic; sound quality was bleh, but overall REALLY worth seeing! Go out to it tonight peoples!

micadjems says thanks to RyanC for this post.

J-Met likes this.

Old 03-20-2011 at 12:05 AM   #19
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times
I got dragged out by some friends the other night, and it was really great! When I heard "Engineering Musical" I cringed a little, because I expected a lot of Engineering references that I wouldn't understand and a lot of digs at every other program, but that definitely wasn't the case. The "lounge rat" was fantastic. You guys did a really awesome job, Jackie!

This may come off a little ruder than I mean it to sound, because it's really just a question, but were the writers not as involved as the rest of the cast/crew? I couldn't help but notice that the cast and crew got personalized joke biographies in the program, but the writers just got their names at the bottom of a page.

Last edited by alh24 : 03-20-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Old 03-20-2011 at 12:13 AM   #20
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I got dragged out by some friends the other night, and it was really great! When I heard "Engineering Musical" I cringed a little, because I expected a lot of Engineering references that I wouldn't understand and a lot of digs at every other program, but that definitely wasn't the case. You guys did a really awesome job, Jackie!

This may come off a little ruder than I mean it, because it's really just a question, but were the writers not as involved as the rest of the cast/crew? I couldn't help but notice that the cast and crew got elaborate joke biographies in the program, but the writers just got their names at the bottom of a page.
Aren't most program phamplets for most productions the same way?

Old 03-20-2011 at 12:15 AM   #21
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
Aren't most program phamplets for most productions the same way?
The cast usually get them, yes, but I've never seen crew get mentioned when writers weren't. The writing was great. At any rate, I wasn't saying it in a "this seems stupid" way, I just wondered if the cast/crew wrote most of it, because I know that's the case in some productions.

Last edited by alh24 : 03-20-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Old 03-20-2011 at 05:09 PM   #22
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
The cast usually get them, yes, but I've never seen crew get mentioned when writers weren't. The writing was great. At any rate, I wasn't saying it in a "this seems stupid" way, I just wondered if the cast/crew wrote most of it, because I know that's the case in some productions.

We just started having a separate "writing crew" last year, to allow people to be involved in the creation of the musical without dedicating too much time to it.

First term all the songs are written. All of cast attends, and band and crew are also invited to write then, and now we also have writing crew out to those meetings when they can make it. Second term the script is written by cast and writing crew between learning dances, while band rehearses and crew starts building.

It's a pretty unique thing we do - creating from scratch - and a lot of people have a hand in it. I can see how it could be confusing!!

In any case, I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed this year's production as much as we loved making it and putting it on for you. It was my best year yet, and all I could have asked for in my final musical.

alh24 says thanks to micadjems for this post.

Old 03-20-2011 at 05:45 PM   #23
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times
Are there going to be youtube videos of ths year's musical posted?

Old 03-20-2011 at 06:30 PM   #24
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Are there going to be youtube videos of ths year's musical posted?
I hope somebody was recording it! I was gonna but my phone video would look crappy.. I wanted to see it again but I had to study

Old 03-20-2011 at 06:32 PM   #25
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I hope somebody was recording it! I was gonna but my phone video would look crappy.. I wanted to see it again but I had to study

We tape it every year - this and the last one in HD. I'll request we put a few clips up of this year's once it's all done in a few months.

Old 03-20-2011 at 06:44 PM   #26
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
We tape it every year - this and the last one in HD. I'll request we put a few clips up of this year's once it's all done in a few months.
Are the videos hosted anywhere that the public can access for free or buy?

Old 03-20-2011 at 06:47 PM   #27
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Are the videos hosted anywhere that the public can access for free or buy?
As a rule, we do not distribute our videos. There is concern that ticket sales may drop if people feel the video will become available (even though the experience is much different!!), therefore hurting our group as a whole.

If you are interested, people who are involved each get a copy and you can borrow old ones

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search