Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
reinstatement vdelz Academics 37 08-20-2010 06:56 PM

2011 Reinstatement

Old 03-19-2011 at 12:42 PM   #1
Arcesri
Account Disabled by User

Liked: Liked 2 Times

2011 Reinstatement
Anyone applying for reinstatement in 2011?
Anyone know if we can apply for reinstatement to multiple faculties?

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2011 at 04:15 PM   #2
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

I noticed that this was a day old, so that probably means that no one knows, and you're better off talking to an academic advisor.
Old 03-20-2011 at 06:40 PM   #3
OceanSpray

Liked: 0 Times

I'm applying for reinstatement 2011 and yes you can reapply to more than one faculty. As for talking to an academic advisor, well, I went to a walk in appointment for the faculty of humanities and I didn't find the advisor helpful. When I asked her questions, she would always respond with vague answers. You should still talk to one though, It couldn't hurt.

Last edited by OceanSpray : 03-20-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2011 at 10:30 PM   #4
Arcesri
Account Disabled by User

Thanks.
I will be going to an advisor as soon as I finish my Athabasca courses.
Old 05-05-2011 at 11:03 PM   #5
AnythingReally

Liked: 8 Times

Hey. How many courses have you taken in Athabasca in the year off, assuming you were off for only a year?
Old 05-06-2011 at 02:38 PM   #6
john113267

i'm applying for reinstatement and did athabasca as well so i'd love to hear how many courses everyone else did. i did 2 courses at ryerson during my first term and this term i did 4 athabasca courses.
Old 05-06-2011 at 04:42 PM   #7
OceanSpray

I haven't even completed one athabasca course and I'm applying for reinstatement.
Old 05-08-2011 at 12:19 AM   #8
Arcesri
Account Disabled by User

Hey,

I've done three Athabasca courses + part-time job.

I asked an academic advisor before I took the courses at Athabasca, in how many courses I should take. They said two, but I took three just to be on the safe side.
Old 05-08-2011 at 10:21 PM   #9
AnythingReally

Liked: 8 Times

Ah, ok. I'm actually doing one now (2nd course: Genetics; hope to finish by the end of May) but I've been working full time the whole time and finished a course last month.

I really hope I can get back into McMaster because it feels like a wasted year (I had a legitimate excuse). Also you CAN apply to different faculties. Don't know what'll happen if I can't get in :/... Advisors were pretty helpful. I recommend Rita Campbell or Tracey Gammon. When I asked them what my chances are, they gave me very vague answers like "it depends on how many people apply" or "depends on availability of space" and stuff like that. Hopefully getting 80s in both courses will be enough. Anyway, forgiven, do you have Windows Live/MSN?