MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second year program Jael_A Academics 6 01-03-2011 10:20 PM
First Year Science Students -- Free pizza and a great second year program option MedPhys First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-04-2010 10:52 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Second Year and Program-less!?!? The MACster Academics 2 06-14-2010 03:48 AM
Selecting a program for Year 2 Mac12 Academics 11 05-30-2009 04:41 PM

2nd year program acceptance

Old 05-30-2011 at 04:28 AM   #46
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Haha, me too! I got into all my four choices, thank goodness...though one of them requires me to take more physics by the end of Level II...
Definitely don't go into that one.

Faer, waldo92 like this.
Old 05-30-2011 at 04:31 AM   #47
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
Definitely don't go into that one.
Pffft...Like heck I will. XD I've washed my hands of physics, hopefully for life.
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:40 AM   #48
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Pffft...Like heck I will. XD I've washed my hands of physics, hopefully for life.
Lol, if you're talking about physics 1BB3 then it's not that bad. The labs are a bit more fun too. You also get some practice writing lab reports. Compared to 1B03, I'd say 1BB3 was pretty easy, Sort of like being in high school again.

So I wouldn't let more physics stop you from going into a good program.

Faer says thanks to particle for this post.
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:50 AM   #49
bruni

Liked: Liked 2 Times

mine says that i'm "eligible for" all my choices, does that mean that i'm in? because above it it says "results: may continue". apologies for the dumb question, i'm just sort of lost with this process.
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:52 AM   #50
particle
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruni View Post
mine says that i'm "eligible for" all my choices, does that mean that i'm in? because above it it says "results: may continue". apologies for the dumb question, i'm just sort of lost with this process.
It means you may apply to any of those programs come june 14. 'May continue' simply tells you that you that you can move on to your next level of studies without any restrictions.
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:53 AM   #51
bruni

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
It means you may apply to any of those programs come june 14. 'May continue' simply tells you that you that you can move on to your next level of studies without any restrictions.
oh! so i'm in then?
yay!
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:54 AM   #52
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Lol, if you're talking about physics 1BB3 then it's not that bad. The labs are a bit more fun too. You also get some practice writing lab reports. Compared to 1B03, I'd say 1BB3 was pretty easy, Sort of like being in high school again.

So I wouldn't let more physics stop you from going into a good program.
I've heard it's easier than B03, but the former was a traumatic experience. xD The program's not my first, or second choice either, so I might let it slide. Not JUST because of physics, though.

@Bruni: Yep, it means you got in for all!

EDIT: Darn, particle beat me to it! XD
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:56 AM   #53
particle
Elite Member

Quote:
I've heard it's easier than B03, but the former was a traumatic experience. xD The program's not my first, or second choice either, so I might let it slide. Not JUST because of physics, though.
Well that's good to hear. All the best.

Now... basically what will be the decision of my life commences.

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:58 AM   #54
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Well that's good to hear. All the best.

Now... basically what will be the decision of my life commences.
Haha, thanks. You too...decision of a lifetime indeed! D: I'm still nervous.
Old 05-30-2011 at 08:10 AM   #55
santiagoeb

Liked: 4 Times

I wasn't able to meet the requirements for the major i applied for, so i took summer school as i was told it would still count. evidently i got an "inelegible" for the program i wanted, then what is it to do now ?? can i still finish summer school ( thus meeting the requirements) and get into the major?? i am in social science btw

EDIT: In other words, do they take into consideration what im doing in summer school right now even though i was already told i was inelegible for those programs

Last edited by santiagoeb : 05-30-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-30-2011 at 10:27 AM   #56
arajaram19

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoeb View Post
I wasn't able to meet the requirements for the major i applied for, so i took summer school as i was told it would still count. evidently i got an "inelegible" for the program i wanted, then what is it to do now ?? can i still finish summer school ( thus meeting the requirements) and get into the major?? i am in social science btw

EDIT: In other words, do they take into consideration what im doing in summer school right now even though i was already told i was inelegible for those programs
I'm in the exact same boat, no one seems to be replying to that though haha.
I emailed the person in charge of undergrad acceptances and told them that by the end of the summer I would have completed all of the requirements and he replied back saying there might be an issue with the connditional acceptances for the grade reports. Not sure exactly what's going to happen but he said they he'll get it worked out. So you might want to give that a try!

EDIT: the person in charge of undergrad students for that specfic faculty
Old 05-30-2011 at 10:30 AM   #57
ThagsanaR

Liked: 10 Times

Anyone know what "Decision Pending" means?

I'm taking a required course right now in the summer...could that be it?
Old 05-30-2011 at 10:43 AM   #58
santiagoeb

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajaram19 View Post
I'm in the exact same boat, no one seems to be replying to that though haha.
I emailed the person in charge of undergrad acceptances and told them that by the end of the summer I would have completed all of the requirements and he replied back saying there might be an issue with the connditional acceptances for the grade reports. Not sure exactly what's going to happen but he said they he'll get it worked out. So you might want to give that a try!

EDIT: the person in charge of undergrad students for that specfic faculty
does that mean i have to email the person if i want my situation considered as well??? that's heck of a lot of emails for them , as im quite sure we are not the only ones with that problem :S. where did you find the email anyways, i dont seem to be able to find it :/
Old 05-30-2011 at 11:25 AM   #59
arajaram19

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoeb View Post
does that mean i have to email the person if i want my situation considered as well??? that's heck of a lot of emails for them , as im quite sure we are not the only ones with that problem :S. where did you find the email anyways, i dont seem to be able to find it :/
I have no idea, I would just email that program specifically to let them know something's up, you've got nothing to lose. I just went to my program's page on the mcmaster website, then click on people, and a list of faculty and board members comes up with their emails. I emailed the person with (undergrad) next to their name. That's usually who's in charge of program acceptances. I'm not sure how many people in our situation will actually look further into it though, so another email won't hurt

santiagoeb says thanks to arajaram19 for this post.
Old 05-30-2011 at 01:19 PM   #60
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Okay I'm confused. What I asked for was a double hons major, a hons major and one mior, and another hons major in a differet subject and a minor. I got into all three (yay) and ultimately want to do the double major. Do I have to accept this? I mean, do I have to accept one of these three options and if so, how do I do it?

Also, say in third year I don't want to do a double major anymore and just want one major and one minor. Can I switch and not have any academic penalty or change any classes?

Thanks!