Reinstatement gongshow Academics 0 06-20-2010 06:03 PM
Reinstatement and taking a year off FaisalAbid Academics 2 06-17-2010 04:32 PM
Reinstatement stressedspec General Discussion 1 06-09-2009 12:39 AM

2nd year reinstatement?

Old 03-19-2011 at 10:23 PM   #1
BinMonitored

Liked: 9 Times

2nd year reinstatement?
Kind of shame to say this but right now this is wat excatly happening to me.
I have seriously f*ed up my first semes in 2nd year engineering courses (out of 5, failed 3, and 2 got 1 and 2 as "passing"), now im trying work my A$$ out to recover my GPA, but althought I could recover some GPA loss due to first semes disaster, but very likely i would end up with 3.9 GPA.
My question here is, right now I do not want to give up on engineering yet, if let's say I have gotten some ok marks in my 2nd semes courses (like I didn't do well but very likely i will get like 7~8 in 3 courses and possible one 10, then 2 courses would end up in 2~3 because i have failed hard in prerequisites), is it possible for them to reconsider my situation and let me retake summer courses ( 2 courses i have failed are offered during the summer for sure) to recover my GPA, so I do not have to apply reinstatement to engineering? Does anyone have any friends went through the similiar situation here? I want to prepare myself before i talk to the academic councils. Any advises are welcome, thanks.

p.s. Mostly I dont want to take a year off for nothing, immediately reinstatement would be fine to me because I seriously like didn't learn anything in first semes.