Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 2NF3 morgan Academics 2 06-09-2011 09:25 PM

2NF3 Neuroscience and Others

Old 05-07-2012 at 07:22 AM   #1
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

2NF3 Neuroscience and Others
Trying to make course selections for next year...
Has anyone taken Psych 2NF3 (neuroscience)? Format? Grade distribution? Interesting? I'm looking into it as an elective...
Old 05-07-2012 at 10:33 AM   #2
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

2NF3 was run for the first time this past year (replacing 2F03-neuroscience and 2N03-neuropsychology) and It was probably my favourite course. Dr. Ullal is extremely knowledgeable and he designed the course in a really interesting way. He always presents a case (the clinical aspect) then he goes into depth describing the neurological basis and treatment. The format is 2 midterms (25% each) and a final exam (50%). Its pretty much similar to his other courses from what I hear (very few questions and worth a lot). Don't worry about that though cause as long as you know your stuff, his tests are fair. Highly recommended.

akeludjian, Zebedee all say thanks to mike4 for this post.

BlueWave likes this.
Old 05-07-2012 at 08:05 PM   #3
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Are there tutorials or anything like that? And how would you rate the difficulty of this course?
Old 05-07-2012 at 10:13 PM   #4
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

There are no tutorials and no textbook which is refreshing. The difficulty would depend on your interest. I would not say it was difficult though because all you have to memorize is in the slides (no random textbook questions), which isn't overwhelming if you stay on top of the material. I procrastinate a lot and did mass memorization the night before the exam and still got double digits. It depends on the student, but it was pretty decent.

MichaelScarn says thanks to mike4 for this post.
Old 05-09-2012 at 12:31 AM   #5
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

Just a question about this course, is it popular such that it's full once you finally log onto solar for the first time? (Example could be 1st year kin courses, or most language courses)
Old 05-09-2012 at 04:38 AM   #6
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times

Since, it was offered for the first time this year, I guess people were hesitant to enroll in it - I checked the course on Solar during first semester and it was still available...yeah I think this course should be easier to get into compared to courses like kin 1yy3

I took the anti-requisite Psych 2N03, taught by Dr. Ullal, and it was by far the best course I have taken, mostly because the content was really interesting!

I have heard from people who took 2NF3 this year, that it was an amazing course - so highly recommend it!

akeludjian says thanks to BlueWave for this post.

mike4 likes this.