MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aaron Wade Withdraws From MSU Election Chad MacInsiders Announcements 23 01-26-2010 02:56 PM

Aaron Wade

Old 01-22-2010 at 12:08 AM   #16
Brooksy

Liked: 0 Times

The truth about Aaron Wade
The title is intriguing, and I promise that what I say is indeed the truth. Aaron Wade made an impression to me like none other. I was standing in line for MacPass sales, and out of the corner of my eye, I see a black lab coat and a tall, yellow and black hat. "Sine-sine-cosine-sine" he chanted. I had no choice to chant with him.
During the tug-of-war, he challenged first years to cover him in shaving cream after his untimely defeat on the rope. Welcome week had a definite presence with Aaron Wade there. He stood out and insisted on introducing himself to each and every group in rotations. Plain and simple, Aaron Wade made me choose MSS and scico-life.
Old 01-22-2010 at 12:51 PM   #17
t.e.lewis

Liked: Liked 3 Times

So I might not be all into MSU Politics, and never really used macinsiders before, but from what I've seen so far, Aaron is the best candidate by far.

He came to speak at one of my classes yesterday, and unlike the rest of candidates who really didn't have anything useful to say at all...Aaron spoke honestly and openly about his experience and why he deserves to be MSU President. And because he didn't use distracting gimmicks, I actually listened...and realized that if somebody can seem so human during an election like this, they can do the same as MSU President. He seems like he truly wants this position, whereas with the others I've seen so far, they're just trying to grab popularity votes with silly gimmicks that don't mean much in the long run.

Like I said, I don't understand all of the technical MSU stuff, but from what I've seen, Aaron gets my vote.

aa84, florencem., Scrub like this.
Old 01-22-2010 at 03:52 PM   #18
VelvetFists

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.e.lewis View Post
So I might not be all into MSU Politics, and never really used macinsiders before, but from what I've seen so far, Aaron is the best candidate by far.

He came to speak at one of my classes yesterday, and unlike the rest of candidates who really didn't have anything useful to say at all...Aaron spoke honestly and openly about his experience and why he deserves to be MSU President. And because he didn't use distracting gimmicks, I actually listened...and realized that if somebody can seem so human during an election like this, they can do the same as MSU President. He seems like he truly wants this position, whereas with the others I've seen so far, they're just trying to grab popularity votes with silly gimmicks that don't mean much in the long run.

Like I said, I don't understand all of the technical MSU stuff, but from what I've seen, Aaron gets my vote.
Completely agree with every word.
The guy who played guitar was silly, this is not america's got talent.
Old 01-22-2010 at 06:20 PM   #19
Ocho Cincho

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.e.lewis View Post

Never used MacInsiders before
Nor do you claim to know alot about MSU politics
BUT you just show up and make an account recently JUST to post on Aaron Wade's thread? O_o
Old 01-23-2010 at 03:50 AM   #20
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Well Ocho, there tend to be a lot of people making new accounts for MSU Presidentials...

Old 01-23-2010 at 10:33 AM   #21
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

I don't recall ever hearing a bad thing said about Aaron (except when he wears running shoes with a nice outfit to SRA meetings). He is one of the most genuine people I have met since becoming involved on the SRA. Aaron is very articulate - he has represented the MSU well at the OUSA conferences and General Assembly this year. I have no doubt that Aaron would ensure the voices of students are heard at the University Administration level. Aaron is pretty awesome. find him on campus (surrounded by lime green), and talk to him about your concerns. Hopefully you'll be convinced to vote Aaron Wade on February 3/4.

wadea says thanks to jmbauman for this post.

McIntyre likes this.
Old 01-24-2010 at 07:05 PM   #22
florencem.

Liked: 34 Times

Hi Aaron,

I just wanted to agree with all of the positive things I've read on this thread. Your platform is great. I remember meeting you briefly during welcome week and you left an awesome impression! Best of luck with it all!
Old 01-24-2010 at 10:39 PM   #23
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I thought Aaron's team would appreciate this comic..

Marek Gruca sent it to me and wants credit for that.
Old 01-25-2010 at 10:07 AM   #24
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbauman View Post
I don't recall ever hearing a bad thing said about Aaron (except when he wears running shoes with a nice outfit to SRA meetings). He is one of the most genuine people I have met since becoming involved on the SRA. Aaron is very articulate - he has represented the MSU well at the OUSA conferences and General Assembly this year. I have no doubt that Aaron would ensure the voices of students are heard at the University Administration level. Aaron is pretty awesome. find him on campus (surrounded by lime green), and talk to him about your concerns. Hopefully you'll be convinced to vote Aaron Wade on February 3/4.
Aren't you on another candidates campaign team?

Just curious.

On another note I saw Aaron's little posters today. Aside from being cute that's a neat idea. He probably got at least 4 or more posters from one of the larger sheets of paper his fellow candidates are using for their posters. Its also a different way to catch people's attention, everyone knows all the posters are just MSU political stuff and if they don't care they don't care. A smaller piece of paper might catch some people's attention if they don't know what it is. Yay trees!
Old 01-25-2010 at 10:34 AM   #25
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Hey!

Jessie is on another campaign team but has been very friendly to and supportive of Aaron's campaign.

Also, we are still limited to the 500 poster maximum like any other candidate. So we can't get 4 times as many posters, we've just used 4 times less as much paper!
Old 01-25-2010 at 12:22 PM   #26
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Wade Resigns
From the Facebook Group:

Hey Everyone,

I have decided to withdraw my candidacy for MSU President to ensure that students get what they deserve next year. My primary goal in running for the MSU President was to change the MSU into a policy-driven organization to ensure multi-year goals and continuity from year to year.

After reviewing the other candidates, I have decided that these goals would be better addressed by withdrawing and joining forces with Kieran Alkerton who has a similar platform. I believe this is the best way to ensure that my goals are accomplished, rather than fighting to be President myself and splitting votes with Kieran.

I want to sincerely thank all of you for your continued support and friendship. I couldn't have even been this successful without all of you and I hope that you respect and understand my choice.

If you have any questions feel free to message me. Kieran has incorporated my platform into his and is working closely with me to ensure the MSU acts in the students' best interest next year.

So make it OUR turn next year, vote Kieran Alkerton.

Sincerely,

Aaron Wade

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 01-25-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-25-2010 at 12:38 PM   #27
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Hey Everyone! Check out the Youtube video from Aaron : http://www.youtube.com/user/AaronWade2010.

We believe in practicing what we preach as we showed by our sustainable and low-budget campaign. We also believe in working together and our platform. We believe that our platform will have a better chance by working together with Kieran Alkerton - so remember that Change is Coming...Because it's OUR Turn!

huzaifa47 says thanks to McIntyre for this post.
Old 01-25-2010 at 01:23 PM   #28
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
Hey!

Jessie is on another campaign team but has been very friendly to and supportive of Aaron's campaign.

Also, we are still limited to the 500 poster maximum like any other candidate. So we can't get 4 times as many posters, we've just used 4 times less as much paper!
I meant that you used less paper, I just wasn't as articulate about it as I wanted to be. Thats whats good about it!