MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
summer school marks? killza Academics 6 06-23-2010 02:48 AM
Academic Review meklia Academics 0 03-15-2010 08:08 AM
Anyone know when term one summer school marks are released on Mugsi?? WavyOne General Discussion 11 06-27-2009 11:05 PM
Final Marks + Summer School Kevin S General Discussion 2 04-01-2009 04:56 PM
summer school marks! deone Academics 1 08-19-2008 05:10 PM

Academic review/ summer school marks

Old 06-30-2009 at 05:39 PM   #1
lacus1004

Liked: 0 Times

Academic review/ summer school marks
How many academic review sessions are held each year for faculty of science?

is it only once a year after the april exam?

do they hold academic review session after spring/summer final grades are out?

and what if your marks drop after taking summer school? will you be able to stay in the program you were eligible for when the result of academic review session came out at the end of may?
Old 06-30-2009 at 05:45 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacus1004 View Post
How many academic review sessions are held each year for faculty of science?

is it only once a year after the april exam?

do they hold academic review session after spring/summer final grades are out?

and what if your marks drop after taking summer school? will you be able to stay in the program you were eligible for when the result of academic review session came out at the end of may?
As far as I know, for every faculty, there is a review held once a year after April exams. You have to have at least 30 units before said review to be considered for Dean's List or Provost List.

That said, I don't think that your spring/summer grades can affect the outcome of whether or not you can continue in the program.

However, if you were not outright accepted into the program in May and you were waiting for these marks to complete your requirements, then yes it may affect your eligibility for the program.

If you were already accepted into a program, I don't believe it will affect you, as these offers are not really conditional.

Last edited by feonateresa : 06-30-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2009 at 06:12 PM   #3
lacus1004

Liked: 0 Times

so then even if my marks after summer school drops between 3 and 3.4, i will still be able to stay in the program i was eligible for before i took summer school?

is this a fact? as long as i bring up the mark during the school year, it will be ok?
Old 06-30-2009 at 06:15 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacus1004 View Post
so then even if my marks after summer school drops between 3 and 3.4, i will still be able to stay in the program i was eligible for before i took summer school?

is this a fact? as long as i bring up the mark during the school year, it will be ok?
I'm thinking that these marks that you received in summer school don't count towards the average you attained last year, but the average you will build this coming academic year. Therefore, it will affect the academic review that is held next April.

It's best if you ask an academic advisor about it to make sure, because you wouldn't want to go back to school to find out that you did not make it into the program, or they kicked you out of it. I really doubt that would happen, but better safe than sorry.
Old 06-30-2009 at 06:38 PM   #5
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

I think each session is an "academic review session". So your Spring/Summer grades shouldn't affect your marks for last year or the upcoming year; it will only affect your overall cumulative average.

I'm not sure if your summer school marks affect your eligibility for your program the upcoming year though...the Undergraduate Calendar says that you will be put on "academic probation" for one session, so I presume that they will basically give you one session (Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer) to bring your mark back up to the University minimum of 3.5.