MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-06-2010 at 06:30 PM   #1
dondada

Liked: 0 Times

Acapella
Hey guys,

For those of you who have seen the old (now closed) thread, its been some time and i apologize.

Is anyone still interested in starting this group? if so please reply and lets set up a date and time where we can meet.

cheers!
Old 01-06-2010 at 06:42 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Do you mind explaining to those who don't know about it (including myself =$). Maybe you'll find a few more interested people .
Old 01-06-2010 at 06:48 PM   #3
dondada

umm i think youtube would be the best way to explain it . check out this collegiate group called cleffhangers from UNC.
Old 01-06-2010 at 07:33 PM   #4
BlueMorphan

Liked: 14 Times

This sounds awesome! what kind of requirements would there be? How often would the group meet? Would there be auditions? What kind of music would be sung?
Old 01-07-2010 at 01:56 AM   #5
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

I am potentially interested in that, depending on how often you plan to meet and what types of music you are hoping to sing. A capella is awesome
Old 01-07-2010 at 09:42 AM   #6
dondada

details like times for meetings, songs to sing, etc. would really be up to us. we should set up a day for the first meeting and discuss these things.
Old 01-07-2010 at 04:45 PM   #7
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

I get raped by school a lot so it is hard to find time in between rapings. I would be interested in participating depending on the time commitment, next year I will have more time.

Oh yeah and I am fine with the singing, but I dont dance. Dont ask me to, because I wont. It may look cute when it is all choreographed, but in reality it looks corny. Choreography bungs up the singing process too, and I would rather sound good than sound bad with some dance moves.
Old 01-07-2010 at 05:53 PM   #8
lux

Liked: 318 Times

If you want, I think you could ask the Music Department for some advice, or a rehearsal space.
Old 01-07-2010 at 10:05 PM   #9
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

We could, but in the past I have found that the music department hates anyone who isnt a music student. Unless we were part of someone's project or class, we wouldnt get any support or help from them. If anyone knows anyone from the music department they could bug them, who knows what resources they might have. Although frankly, we dont need their help. If we want rehearsal place there are plenty of stairwells that would make us sound good in the beginning.

If we just made ourselves a club we would have access to a lot of resources, but that is work.

I'd like to help, but as I said in a previous post, I has lots of rape. So I just dont have a lot of free time to devote to a group.
Old 01-07-2010 at 10:27 PM   #10
dondada

Its great that theres so many people who are interested in this.
Really this shouldnt be stressful, its all fun.
Club status would be something to consider. Im willing to make that happen.

so should we set a time place and date where we can all meet up
Old 01-07-2010 at 10:39 PM   #11
BlueMorphan

Liked: 14 Times

I'll suggest the same thing I did for the guitar thread - empty classroom in new eng building, in the evening. Does anyone have night class? Does that work for you guys?