MacInsiders Logo

Acceptances?

Old 02-24-2009 at 07:55 AM   #16
pjohnson
Liaison Officer - Registrar's Office

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
I'm not positive. I know that second degree students (those who already have a university degree) are accepted last, high school students have first dibbs, but I'm not positive about college students, it might be the same way. He could always give the Registrar's office a shout and ask them if the same thing applies to him.
Applicants who are not applying directly from high school are assessed on a rolling basis as their files become 'complete'. That means that all the required documents have been received by the Admissions Office. Once a file is complete it can take 2-3 weeks before a decision is reached. You have to keep in mind the volume of files and of documents that the Admissions Office is dealing with at this time of year.

carrka says thanks to pjohnson for this post.
Old 02-24-2009 at 08:00 AM   #17
pjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Acceptances tend to be received around March Break, so you've got about a month of waiting to do yet...
Offers have started to go out to all programs except for the Bachelor of Health Sciences, the Arts & Science Program, the new iSci program and Midwifery. These programs will make their offers in early May as they review supplementary applications as well as second semester mid-term grades before making admission decisions.
McMaster will continue to make offers on a rolling basis as new grade data is received. For applicants who do not receive an offer based on their first semester final grades, they will be automatically reviewed when their second semester mid-term grades become available (typically this is late April to early May).
Old 02-26-2009 at 08:08 PM   #18
Dancing King

Liked: 0 Times

what if i am in "grade 13" do i get my application processed like the rest of the highschool students? or is some other process being taken placed.
last year i got my acceptance sent to me around this time.
Old 02-26-2009 at 08:30 PM   #19
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_L3 View Post
i also got into engineering yesterday. good luck to everyone else!
Get ready to enter a world of pain LOL

Congrats, you guys will like it here for sure!

Old 02-27-2009 at 06:51 AM   #20
pjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing King View Post
what if i am in "grade 13" do i get my application processed like the rest of the highschool students? or is some other process being taken placed.
last year i got my acceptance sent to me around this time.
Being in "grade 13" makes no difference to the admissions process. As long as you are currently in high school this year you are treated like any other applicant.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2009 at 11:14 AM   #21
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

Regarding acceptances from college students....

He mailed his transcripts into the school almost a month ago and was wondering what else needs to be done? He knows he has to send in his final transcript in April but is there anything else?
Old 02-28-2009 at 12:18 PM   #22
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Don't worry about not receiving acceptances just yet. I myself got all 3 of my acceptances back in February of '08 including engineering. Other people also enrolled in the same course from my school weren't accepted till a few weeks later.

I don't exactly know how the acceptance process works, but if you are above the cutoff line, then you should be clear (provided there wasn't a mass influx of applicants, all of whom just happened to be over your grade average. And I think that would be very unlikely )