MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-09-2012 at 10:09 PM   #1
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Advertising
Where can I post ads asides from Macinsiders, Mcmaster offcampus housing, kijiji and hamilton newspaper? I am not having any luck with the free means of advertising =(
Old 03-09-2012 at 10:20 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

facebook marketplace, newspaper classifieds...uh... i dunno, what are you trying to sell?
Old 03-09-2012 at 11:27 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
facebook marketplace, newspaper classifieds...uh... i dunno, what are you trying to sell?
I think it's safe to assume it has to do with Off-Campus Housing (i.e. renting a room/sub-leasing, etc.)
Old 03-10-2012 at 11:36 AM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

If you're advertising on all those things and not getting anyone contacting you, then my guess is it isn't because of the medium of your advertising... but your ad itself.

Which ad is yours? You most likely need to make it more compelling, put new photos that make the place look better, or need to make your call to action bigger (call 555-5555 or e-mail XXXX)
Old 03-10-2012 at 11:43 AM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Took a look at the ad you posted. Basically all your ad says is that you have a 'room' available, no price, and to PM you if interested.

If that's all the information you provide, then no one will be interested since they don't even know what you are selling exactly.

My suggestion would be to:

a) Write more about yourself, who you are, so people can see the type of person they'd be rooming with
b) Take a photo of the room, clean, very brightly lit. Add that as an attachment on MacInsiders in your thread.
c) Describe the room dimensions, if there's anything included (furnished?), etc
d) Describe the house, how many baths, kitchen size, common room, what's included.... what do you already have in the house they can use?
e) Make your contact info more available for people wanting to contact you quick, such as your cellphone number (if you feel comfortable giving it out). Make sure to mark the thread as 'sold' once you get a buyer so your number is no longer visible.

Incognitus likes this.
Old 04-04-2012 at 09:43 PM   #6
krysal

Liked: 0 Times

what chad said!
Old 04-05-2012 at 12:35 AM   #7
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw07 View Post
Where can I post ads asides from Macinsiders, Mcmaster offcampus housing, kijiji and hamilton newspaper? I am not having any luck with the free means of advertising =(
Sterling Cooper advertising agency