MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gpa for graduate school stars Academics 7 05-05-2015 10:37 PM
Graduate Housing Advice - Neighborhoods j.adams Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 9 05-26-2013 07:30 PM
Graduate school thebends Academics 6 08-24-2010 06:57 PM
Graduate School (masters) Clematis Academics 6 08-18-2010 11:52 PM
Post-Graduate Series Part Six: Graduate School lorend Post-Graduate Advice Series 2 05-06-2009 12:19 PM

Advice for Graduate School

Old 06-19-2018 at 12:51 PM   #1
Penguins96

Liked: 0 Times

Advice for Graduate School
Hi!

I'm a recent graduate at U of T, and I have been conditionally accepted into McMasters' Biochemistry Graduate Program in late March of this year (I applied for the early deadline). I decided to start contacting potential supervisors since May since I was finished with school then. I have contacted several professors so far by email, but none of them are replying. Does anyone have any advice on contacting professors?
Old 08-09-2018
DylanCostell
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-27-2018
VelmaJDennis
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-30-2018 at 07:21 AM   #2
maryphilips

I think, you should talk to the professors directly through phone or direct contacting. Since you have received no response from any of them, you can contact them directly.
Old 12-10-2018 at 10:40 AM   #3
robertholland

Wait for them near their houses...
Old 4 Weeks Ago at 04:15 PM   #4
JudithJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins96 View Post
Hi!

I'm a recent graduate at U of T, and I have been conditionally accepted into McMasters' Biochemistry Graduate Program in late March of this year (I applied for the early deadline). I decided to start contacting potential supervisors since May since I was finished with school then. I have contacted several professors so far by email, but none of them are replying. Does anyone have any advice on contacting professors?
First of all, I congratulate you so that you enrolled in the master's program. You chose a profile that is not easy to learn. The decision that you made - to contact professors who will teach courses on the master's program is the right one. Making contact with professors has a positive effect on student assessment. Therefore, if you can make contact with all professors who will teach courses in the future for you - it will be good for your assessment in the master's program and for the likelihood that you will be able to complete the master's program and receive a diploma that confirms the end of the master's program. The repetition of the program that you have already taught will help you to get excellent marks in the future, to complete the master's program and get a diploma of completion of the master's program. You can use books, articles, textbooks, training videos, training films, courses in order to recall the program that you have already studied earlier faster. Purchase of equipment, accessories will help you in training on the master's program. If you have an old laptop, then buying a new laptop is a good idea, because you can speed up the learning process and the task fulfillment process with a new powerful laptop. All that concerns such accessories as notebooks, pens and so on is necessary for you to study. In conclusion, I want to say that these three points: contact with professors, repetition of the studied material, preparation of equipment - are excellent components for starting a successful master's degree program.

Last edited by Chad : 4 Weeks Ago at 05:22 PM. Reason: Removed spam link to essay writing service