MacInsiders Logo

Aggressive geese!

Old 04-22-2014 at 04:07 PM   #1
Suspect

Liked: 60 Times

Aggressive geese!
Last Monday, as i walked out of the Mills in the morning, i saw two Canadian geese in courtyard area. I took two steps out the door and one of them attacked me...like wtf. Having been trained in the scientific method, i considered the possibility of it being an isolated incident... Until yesterday, when i witnessed what i assumed to be two completely different geese attack a girl walking by, minding her own shit. Today i saw another pair of geese on the dried up remains of lake McMaster, made sure to steer clear.

I was just wondering if anyone else has been victimized by these creatures. If so, i believe some action needs to be taken to ensure the safety of the student population.

Last edited by Suspect : 04-22-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2014 at 05:49 PM   #2
Cygnals

Liked: 1 Time

Yeah, one of them came at me on the path between University and JHE today. I saw two of them andwhile I was stepping around the first one, the other one straight up charged at me. I may have screamed a little.

alyssarr likes this.
Old 04-22-2014 at 09:51 PM   #3
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

did it actually bite you or just charge at you and you got away?

I'm not ashamed to say if a goose was going to bite me and cause harm, i'd kick it square in the face, no remorse.
Old 04-23-2014 at 01:57 PM   #4
jitnikovi

Liked: 13 Times

spring, breeding season, defensive instincts at peak
Old 04-23-2014 at 06:21 PM   #5
Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post

I'm not ashamed to say if a goose was going to bite me and cause harm, i'd kick it square in the face, no remorse.
It charged at me and i fled in terror. I have an animal phobia
Old 04-23-2014 at 07:05 PM   #6
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

I agree, we need to bring this to the attention of the University. It is spring, it is breeding season and their defensive instinct is at its peak. Are we going to let these poop-machine roamed free and terrorize the safety of our campus? Its not like geese are an endangered specie so lets clean up our campus of these pests a little bit.
Old 04-23-2014 at 07:28 PM   #7
jitnikovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLyBilly View Post
I agree, we need to bring this to the attention of the University. It is spring, it is breeding season and their defensive instinct is at its peak. Are we going to let these poop-machine roamed free and terrorize the safety of our campus? Its not like geese are an endangered specie so lets clean up our campus of these pests a little bit.
breeding season now
hunting season later
Old 04-23-2014 at 08:16 PM   #8
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitnikovi View Post
breeding season now
hunting season later
Or you know, have hunting season during breeding season. Pregnant geese makes easier target no?
Old 04-23-2014 at 09:29 PM   #9
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post

Much easier said than done bud.
Old 04-23-2014 at 09:31 PM   #10
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

I just got sort of attacked by them today, I was walking and then one of them just ran up to me and agressively approach me like he is going to bite me and I have to walk away from them cause he seemed really agressive. I thought it was just me cause I smell or something but clearly this is a real problem

Ponyo likes this.
Old 04-23-2014 at 09:44 PM   #11
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Much easier said than done bud.
Yeah i kinda realized that after i posted, in reality i'd probably run away like a little girl if i had the option to
Old 04-23-2014 at 10:20 PM   #12
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...7663 15810375 ....
Old 04-23-2014 at 10:25 PM   #13
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
Seems like that poor geese lost his contacts and just trying to stop people from accidentally stepping on it while he is trying to find it.

Ponyo likes this.
Old 04-24-2014 at 12:48 AM   #14
Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLyBilly View Post
I need SWHAT to walk me from building to building...the psychological stress is too much for me.
Old 04-24-2014 at 07:34 AM   #15
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
That goose was hilarious. He was just looking for some shit hah.

But in all seriousness... human > goose. Of course they are protecting their nests/partner right now, but if one were to come in front of my path, I'd either hiss back at it or give it a little kick if it goes for my legs.

This is Canada. A lot of university campuses have this issue as well. Just gotta learn to deal with it.