MacInsiders Logo

All I need is

Old 03-29-2010 at 06:38 PM   #1
creen

Liked: 29 Times

All I need is
Rant/

A plug, a desk, and an internet connection, and a quit place to work. Why is it so hard to find all of those in the library?

Really at this point I have considered

1.Putting an out of order sign on a plug (so i can use it anytime i want
2. Bringing a power bar to the library, though then if something happens to someones laptop im screwed
3. Murdering someone (joke)
4. Doing the good old leave behind, you know leave some unimportant non valuable papers and a pen on a desk, it is even more legit if you leave a highlighter

In all seriousness why is it that there is a room on the fourth floor full of desks and no plugs? As anyone on top of this?

And who though doing away with that giant fourth floor study room was a good idea? Exam time should be interesting....

/Rant
Old 03-29-2010 at 06:47 PM   #2
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I agree, it's very hard to find places to sit and do work (even without a plug).

To be honest, a powerbar is a REALLY good idea. If you know you're going to be spending a lot of time at the library on a specific day, bring a powerbar. I actually really like that idea!
Old 03-29-2010 at 07:00 PM   #3
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

there's more than one library...
Old 03-29-2010 at 07:09 PM   #4
creen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
there's more than one library...
Not with the books in it that I need, but thanks anyways Tips... and thats not the point, there are libraries all over the place in Hamilton, it wasn't a statement about the amount of libraries...
Old 03-29-2010 at 07:53 PM   #5
bieneres

Liked: 2 Times

I agree:( i don't often bring my computer in, but its hard enough finding a place to study in mills without a plug..nevermind one thats quiet
Have you tried the third floor laptop area? I have never used it, but passing by it looks there's often more free spaces there than the first floor plug area.

and i agree, i used to always use that fourth floor study area. does anybody know what they're doing with it?
Old 03-29-2010 at 09:31 PM   #6
ytpos
too poor to change this

Liked: 15 Times

Lol, there's a plug in front of the elevator on the fourth floor of Mills, if you're willing to sit out there.
Old 03-29-2010 at 09:46 PM   #7
Keenu

Liked: 15 Times

Thode is a better working environment in my opinion - Mills is too busy.
Old 03-29-2010 at 10:02 PM   #8
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

All you need is....smiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeFeRh9qwZA

Last edited by aaront : 03-29-2010 at 10:05 PM.

J-Met likes this.
Old 03-29-2010 at 10:05 PM   #9
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

all you need is love =)

niteskie likes this.
Old 03-29-2010 at 10:09 PM   #10
creen

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilex3 View Post
all you need is love =)
yes a little lovin' in the library is always gooooooood
Old 03-29-2010 at 10:17 PM   #11
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by creen View Post
Not with the books in it that I need, but thanks anyways Tips... and thats not the point, there are libraries all over the place in Hamilton, it wasn't a statement about the amount of libraries...
your post just said you need a quiet place with somewhere to plug your laptop in and a desk. most of the time, thode has all of those. i was pointing out that for the requirements you initially stated, there are other libraries on campus to choose from.
Old 03-29-2010 at 11:36 PM   #12
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

i used to have the perfect place to study until i found out was some sort of secret praying area

Parnian, ytpos like this.
Old 03-30-2010 at 08:18 AM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I don't understand why places like that study area on first floor mills (with all the cubbies) don't have power outlets..

I mean, christ, unless someone has thunder fingers, I can't imagine people with laptops making that much noise that it's distracting.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-30-2010 at 10:40 PM   #14
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I don't understand why places like that study area on first floor mills (with all the cubbies) don't have power outlets..

I mean, christ, unless someone has thunder fingers, I can't imagine people with laptops making that much noise that it's distracting.
Pretty sure it's not about the noise, and entirely about Mac preferring to spend money on wood rather than on plugs.
Old 03-31-2010 at 12:19 AM   #15
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Best place IMO: student center second floor. There is a study area in the second floor, but most people that dont study there don't notice that there is a second entrance into another little area. Both areas have plugs, sizeable desks, and they are open 24/7.