MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
where can I get an H1N1 shot? Mac12 General Discussion 2 11-27-2009 09:16 PM
Flu Shot? Deegs14 General Discussion 9 10-19-2009 03:03 PM
MSU Awards Nominations, 2009 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 29 02-27-2009 08:27 AM
flu shot success michbitran General Discussion 3 11-27-2007 02:57 PM

Amateur Canadian Filmmakers Have A Shot at the 2009 Genie Awards Too!

Amateur Canadian Filmmakers Have A Shot at
the 2009 Genie Awards Too!

Genie Awards and Movieola.ca announce the "I Want To Go To The Genie Awards" contest

The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television (ACCT) announced its partnership with Movieola.ca to share the Genie Awards experience with film fans by creating the I Want To Go To The Genie Awards contest. It invites the public to submit a short film illustrating why they want to attend the 29th annual Awards in the Nation’s Capital Region in Ottawa. The 2009 Genie Awards will be taking place at the Canada Aviation Museum on Saturday, April 4th and will be broadcast on the Global Television Network and the Independent Film Channel.

The contest winner receives:
  • Return flight for two to Ottawa
  • Two nights at an Ottawa hotel
  • Two tickets to the April 4th broadcast
  • An opportunity to walk the Red Carpet
  • Two tickets to Genie Awards After Party at the Museum of Civilization
1. Eligibility

No purchase necessary. The contest is open to all residents of Canada, who are not an employee, an immediate family member or domiciled with an employee of Movieola, The Academy, the Sponsor, their respective affiliates, agents, advertising and promotion agencies or the independent judging organization. Contest is not open to Quebec residents. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. The contest closes at 12:00 pm ET on March 20, 2009.

2. How To Enter

In order to qualify for the grand prize, send a DVD that is 1-2 minutes in length or less, creatively expressing accepted in any genre that addresses, "Why I Want to go to the Genie Awards in Ottawa, Canada's Capital". Include your name, address, e-mail address and your telephone number. Send tapes to:

Movieola - The Short Film Channel
2844 Dundas St. W
Toronto, ON, Canada
M6P 1Y7
ATTN: "Why I want to go to the Genie Awards in Ottawa, Canada's Capital"

Only one submission per DVD is allowed, and one entry per person. All DVDs become the rightful property of the Academy and Movieola has the right to the content of the DVD in whole or in part, and will not be returned to the auditioner. The Academy has the right to full use of the content of the DVD, in whole or in part, for on-air segments and promotion. The grand prize winner will be selected by a jury of Academy and Movieola representatives. The winner will be contacted by The Academy no later than March 25, 2009. DVDs exceeding 3 minutes in length will not be viewed by the jury.

"Supporting emerging Canadian filmmakers is what we do everyday,” says Romen Podzyhun, President and CEO of Movieola-The Short Film Channel. "This contest will allow the winning filmmaker to rub elbows with established and award winning filmmakers from across the country. We are proud to support the art form of the short film and the vast talent that lies yet undiscovered in this great country.”

For complete contest rules and more information on the 29th Annual Genie Awards, visit www.genieawards.ca.

The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television is a national, non-profit, professional association dedicated to the promotion, recognition and celebration of exceptional achievements in the Canadian film and television industries. Created in 1979, and today unifying industry professionals across Canada, the Academy is a vital and integral force representing these industries.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-08-2009 at 06:56 PM   #2
boogers_

Liked: 0 Times
working link: www.genieawards.ca

Old 03-08-2009 at 09:20 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Going to the Genie's would be super fun! Supporting/showcasing Canadian film making. I'm sure there's lots of amazing entries by Canadians, and by the look of the trailer here... they are quite cinematic and artistic

Old 03-08-2009 at 11:27 PM   #4
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times
PLEASE turn off auto play. I get this stupid music every time I open the homepage!

Old 03-08-2009 at 11:35 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Done. Sorry about that David, it wasn't supposed to auto play. I removed it all together as it caused the homepage to load slowly for some users.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search