MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-03-2011 at 11:40 AM   #1
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Anatomy and Physiology II Final
We have final exam for this course on friday....does anyone remember how difficult it was?

It is overwhelming how much stuffs we have to know.
Old 04-03-2011 at 12:57 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
We have final exam for this course on friday....does anyone remember how difficult it was?

It is overwhelming how much stuffs we have to know.
Pretty much the same as the 1A03/1Y03 exam.
Old 04-03-2011 at 12:58 PM   #3
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

According to some of the lab TAs, the second exam is a bit more difficult than the first one simply because there is more dense material this term. There are many small physiological steps u have to know. imo, i dont feel it would be so difficult that u cant make sense of anything. as long as u have studied thoroughly and know ur stuff, u should do fine.

good luck.
Old 04-03-2011 at 08:22 PM   #4
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I actually found the 1A exam tougher than the 1AA. I could memorize physiological processes easier than say, muscle tables, so it played to my strengths.

Depends what you're good at...but unfortunately, what you see is what you get. It's not an easy course I'm afraid.
Old 04-03-2011 at 11:15 PM   #5
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I actually found the 1A exam tougher than the 1AA. I could memorize physiological processes easier than say, muscle tables, so it played to my strengths.

Depends what you're good at...but unfortunately, what you see is what you get. It's not an easy course I'm afraid.
It doesn't help when the final exam is worth 55%! My brain feels like it is about to explode and I'm 30% done studying.
Old 04-04-2011 at 06:50 AM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
It doesn't help when the final exam is worth 55%! My brain feels like it is about to explode and I'm 30% done studying.
They must have changed the format of the course...ours was worth 60%.
Old 04-04-2011 at 12:33 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
They must have changed the format of the course...ours was worth 60%.
There's 5% now counted towards iClicker questions.
Old 04-04-2011 at 01:03 PM   #8
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Ya, we get 5% for iclickers. 60% for the final is just brutal.

Can anyone think of a way to prepare well? Sometimes I feel like I'm making a progress with understanding concepts but most of the time, I feel like my brain is about explode!
Old 04-04-2011 at 02:29 PM   #9
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

In my opinion, the best way to learn something is to teach it...if you know the material well enough to explain it to someone else, then you're golden.

What I'd recommend is finding a friend in the course, and taking turns "teaching" each other different units. Like maybe one of you will do the Renal system, another will do digestion. Next day, choose two different topics, and proceed that way.

Then a couple days later, you switch roles, and teach the opposites. That way you've both taught every unit, and both _been taught_ every unit.

You can use the prof's lecture notes, but make sure you've read the text at least once before, to make sure you can go 'above and beyond' with the explanations.

CONS: It takes time to 'plan out' how to teach, and this is time you may not have at this point.

PROS: It greatly enhances the efficiency of your studying by giving you a definite plan. You won't end up re-reading the same passage 50 times trying to absorb more information from it.