MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fundraiser for Local Animal Shelter temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 2 10-30-2008 10:09 PM

And another shelter...

Old 11-10-2009 at 09:29 PM   #1
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

And another shelter...
I saw yesterday that another shelter was moved to the "temporary" bus stop beside lot M, in addition to the new stairs and the other shelter moved last week.

So, am I to assume this change is now permanent? The giant mountain of dirt doesn't seem to have grown/shrunk in the last month either. Hmm...
Old 11-18-2009 at 11:02 PM   #2
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

BUMP

I was speaking with a bus driver today, and she said that she was told that in about a year or two, the shuttle will be eliminated. Anyone care to comment? Heard anything?
Old 11-19-2009 at 09:29 AM   #3
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

Personally, I am quite annoyed with this!

Last year parking cost $340.00 for Lot M. That included all the bus stops, more shuttles running, and better safety at night (the bus driver would wait in each spot for a little bit)

This year parking cost $340 for Lot M. Minus the multiple bus stops, with less shuttles running and will NO safety at night!

I do not understand how they can charge the same price with LESS of the services.
The fliers that were posted around the shuttles states less wait times. There are LESS shuttles running! I'm sorry, there are more people waiting to get on the bus at all times of the day, sometimes not everyone can get on. I think this is completely ridiculous.

Having a few night classes.... and having to park at the BACK of the parking lot.... i feel very uncomfortable walking to my car. At least when there were the two bus stops the driver could see everyone and everything that was going on and I felt a sense of comfort.

As for those "new" stairs... they are a safety hazard! Wearing anytime of heel and walking up those stairs is dangerous! And this morning they were super slippery from the rain! this is just an accident (or a lawsuit) waiting to happen. Maybe if they put REAL stairs in this wouldn't be an issue.

What happens when they do get rid of the shuttles... do they actually expect students to walk up the hill in the middle of winter... or in the pouring rain... or at 10:00pm after class!!!!

Sorry for this long rant I am just very ANNOYED with McMaster taking our money and providing us with less and less services each year.

webzn likes this.