MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What comics/anime everyone reading/watching? Tailsnake Anime & Comic Books 101 10-13-2010 04:46 PM
So, Supernatural fans? karellen Movies & Television 13 09-06-2010 11:21 PM
Any LOST fans out there? maclover Movies & Television 13 05-12-2010 08:06 PM
Unite For Sight McMaster temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-19-2009 12:40 PM
Where's the Anime/Manga club? RoyK Anime & Comic Books 5 09-28-2008 11:42 PM

Anime Fans Unite

Old 07-14-2010 at 06:34 PM   #1
NatalyaOtaku

Liked: 5 Times

Anime Fans Unite
Alright, just creating a thread so we can introduce ourselves. I find that most people who like anime bond instantly with others who like anime

Tell me what anime/manga you like, if you're into cosplaying.. ect.
Who knows, maybe we met at a convention once? haha
Old 07-14-2010 at 07:03 PM   #2
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I'm a proud Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts dork.

Anime North '10 was my first con and I sort of halfassed a Squall cosplay by wearing my normal clothes, except I switched my regular jacket with Squall's. Might try a little harder next year now that I know what it's like.

Don't really watch a lot of anime/read a lot of manga, but I did enjoy watching Death Note and Eden of the east, as well as the fifth grade trifecta of Pokemon/Digimon/DBZ. =p

I'm also a fan of Battle Royale and Initial D in terms of manga, but that's probably as far as I go.
Old 07-15-2010 at 06:44 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Used to watch it a lot in gr11 and gr12.. here is my anime list before I completely dropped anime all together

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/blackdragon12
Old 07-16-2010 at 11:56 AM   #4
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Yes. I do.

If I had to describe which anime and Manga I liked, the list would probably take a while to think of (was to lazy to ever keep track of stuff on Animelist). If I had to pick some off the top of my head though:

Manga: Mahou Sensei Negima, Hayate no Gotoku, Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Berserk, Trigun, Otaku no Masume-san, etc
Anime: Spice and Wolf, 08th MS Team, Clannad, Welcome to the NHK, When they Cry Series (Higurashi and Umineko), Hellsing Ultimate, etc. (I honestly am forgetting a ton of names right now)

I also follow some Doujin/Doujinsoft. Those include Visual Novels and of course, Touhou.

Last edited by RoyK : 07-16-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2010 at 12:05 AM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Hey! I like Final Fantasy too -- well I only own X, X-2 and XII... not XIII yet. :/ As for anime, I guess I do like the girly slice of life shoujo stuff, but nowadays it's crap. When I was younger CCS was my favourite. Now I like comedy stuff like Lovely Complex, and beautiful stuff like Honey & Clover. I loved the Full Metal Panic series, as well as Eden of the East. I like a lot of J.C. Staff projects I suppose. I loved DBZ back in the day too, as well as Inuyasha.

As for manga, hmm, haven't read too much because some of them take forever to complete and I can't bother. The last one I read, and haven't finished yet, was Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle which is supposed to be genius. My favourite manga to date would probably have to be Hot Gimmick, but there are a lot of great ones out there that I just can't remember right now hehe.
Old 07-17-2010 at 01:05 AM   #6
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Since my 'anime crazy' phase my interests has gradually declined. FMA ended recently and now there's not much I look forward to

(well I still follow 2 manga series... kinda... one went on hiatus and was supposed to come back Spring '10, which didn't happen. The other went on hiatus, came back, and now I'm still not seeing new chapters)

I went to a couple of anime conventions before.

I don't cosplay.
Old 07-17-2010 at 06:27 PM   #7
WavesSea

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalyaOtaku View Post
Alright, just creating a thread so we can introduce ourselves. I find that most people who like anime bond instantly with others who like anime

Tell me what anime/manga you like, if you're into cosplaying.. ect.
Who knows, maybe we met at a convention once? haha
Ive been waching alot of mecha and popular ones like k-on and beck, because i just love music ones =D haha thought i gotta say season 2 k-on is a little slow and boring XD hahahah

ive been to anime north 2010, you kinda look like this girl who did chii from chobits, though iam not sure, anime north was okay i should went with my hardcore anime friends and not my j rocker friends =P haha
Old 07-17-2010 at 06:38 PM   #8
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Natalya, did you cosplay at AN by chance?

also;

I took some photo's of the phat l007 from AN this year:

Sadly, most of the animu belongs to yours truly. I only bought one sword (Bankai replica), but in our group of merry con goers (8 of us I believe), we bought a total of probably 20+ swords. Many of them were not in this picture sadly, but still =p
Old 07-17-2010 at 06:42 PM   #9
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Also, possibly the funniest/saddest cosplay at the con

Old 07-17-2010 at 08:03 PM   #10
WavesSea

Liked: 0 Times

haha wow thats alot of loot i would have gotten loot if i had relized that not much of the animenorth you need pass for just the dealer room >.<
Old 07-18-2010 at 12:30 AM   #11
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
Also, possibly the funniest/saddest cosplay at the con
Fun fact: that was my roommate's brother's friend. She was telling me the entire weekend to look out for a tentacle monster, but I missed it and only saw it in a bunch of pictures afterwards.

If anyone saw a very Shakespearean girl dressing as Cloud dressed as a girl, that was her. It was a pretty great costume,
Old 07-18-2010 at 12:38 AM   #12
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Whoever dressed up as that should've ordered a couple bottles of tentacle grape and carried it around.
Old 07-26-2010 at 07:22 PM   #13
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Heeeyyy all. I'm a diehard anime fan and anime artist. check out my outdated dA //shameless plug.

I went to Anime North this year as well, just as a photographer, though some of my friends cosplayed.

I'm a big gintama fan, ran into a couple cosplayers from the series, but overall there wasn't much gintama fandom, it was disappointing.

The DANBO with the lightup eyes was pretty cool, but I also liked the gundam with the reaper and the poring in the back parking lot, haha.

there was far too much overpricing this year though.
Old 07-29-2010 at 12:35 PM   #14
NatalyaOtaku

Hey guys! haha
Yes, I was at anime north. I was a guitar hero kakashi, walking around with a male guitar hero kakashi and sasuke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4587_201960800625_513425625_7074440_1208577_n.jpg (84.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-29-2010 at 12:46 PM   #15
NatalyaOtaku

WaveSea who were your jrocker friends? lol