MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

another question

Old 07-11-2009 at 10:00 AM   #1
mike123

Liked: 0 Times

another question
I find this forum really helpful for me so I would like to ask another question. I am in buisness first year and i wanted my friend to come to Mac buisness aswell but he did not get the marks. He is in social sciences i think, is there anyway he can switch to buisness second year from social science?
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:11 AM   #2
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

yes.
check the business website. it tells you how.
(degroote.mcmaster.ca )
It's easy to find the information. I hope I don't have to do it for you.
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:14 AM   #3
mike123

i don't find it easy to find the information on the universities websites but im looking and am totally lost.
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:18 AM   #4
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

www.degroote.mcmaster .ca
if you really can't find it

hint: use the menu on the left

Last edited by FireDragoonX : 07-11-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:22 AM   #5
mike123

ok i found it lol thanks.
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:25 AM   #6
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
yes.
check the business website. it tells you how.
(degroote.mcmaster.ca )
It's easy to find the information. I hope I don't have to do it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
www.degroote.mcmaster .ca
if you really can't find it

hint: use the menu on the left
I know you're trying to help, but try to be nicer about it. :]

daisy, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:28 AM   #7
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

it's better if the guy learns to use the website instead of me just linking to the pdf file that he needs.
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:33 AM   #8
feonateresa
Elite Member

This is true, but MacInsiders is another source that you can go to where you can count on other members helping you out. McMaster's website can be confusing, especially for prospective and first years, even upper years. Takes me forever to find specific information sometimes.

daisy likes this.
Old 07-11-2009 at 10:54 AM   #9
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
I find this forum really helpful for me so I would like to ask another question. I am in buisness first year and i wanted my friend to come to Mac buisness aswell but he did not get the marks. He is in social sciences i think, is there anyway he can switch to buisness second year from social science?
Tell you friend to take Econ 1B03 and Econ 1BB3 this year; They are required for Commerce, so he can knock them out this year while in social science. Actually, he can probably take every course you need for Commerce except one (Commerce 1E03), which you need to be in the business program to take.

daisy likes this.
Old 07-12-2009
jklm572
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-12-2009 at 02:11 PM   #10
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
Tell you friend to take Econ 1B03 and Econ 1BB3 this year; They are required for Commerce, so he can knock them out this year while in social science. Actually, he can probably take every course you need for Commerce except one (Commerce 1E03), which you need to be in the business program to take.
and 1PA0 >_>

daisy likes this.
Old 07-12-2009 at 02:37 PM   #11
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

I know that I don't have anything to do with this, but once again, I'm so thrilled at how helpful and kind the people are here -- you know, faith in the goodness of people and all that?!

feonateresa, rrtt like this.
Old 07-12-2009 at 08:23 PM   #12
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
I know that I don't have anything to do with this, but once again, I'm so thrilled at how helpful and kind the people are here -- you know, faith in the goodness of people and all that?!
I know! People here are so nice and helpful, it really takes the edge off of worrisome and confusing things about university and Mac.
Old 07-12-2009 at 08:29 PM   #13
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

This is the link he should be looking at
http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/UG...I I09_000.pdf

Also while I believe that a business degree is immensely valuable, encourage your friend to speak to an Academic Advisor if it's right for him. He may be more motivated to do well in social sciences than in Business depending on what interests him

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences