MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ANTHROP 1AB3 Full speirac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 12-01-2012 11:26 AM
Anthrop 2vv3 santiagoeb Academics 0 06-10-2011 11:51 AM
Anthrop 3cc6? Lauren.xo Academics 0 06-07-2011 11:21 AM
ANTHROP 1Z03 Help! Desda Academics 0 12-18-2010 05:48 PM
Has anyone taken ANTHROP 1A03 ? MariaQ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2010 03:33 PM

Anthrop 3AM3 with Hugh Spencer? Anyone know anything?

Old 07-31-2013 at 06:21 PM   #1
Vuci
magnus

Liked: 0 Times

Anthrop 3AM3 with Hugh Spencer? Anyone know anything?
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this course or this professor? No course reviews or a rating for the prof.... I did find a course outline (shows a breakdown of:

Participation in presentations, discussions and exercises (3 sessions @ 5 pts each session): 15
Assignments 1-2: (2 @ 30pts each) 60
Assignment 3: PowerPoint Presentation 25

I'm not even sure if Spencer will be teaching it again since the master timetable doesn't list the prof for this course....

Thanks guys
Old 08-01-2013 at 09:35 AM   #2
jaywa
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 9 Times

run in the opposite direction.
Old 08-01-2013 at 09:45 AM   #3
Vuci
magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywa View Post
run in the opposite direction.
How come? Have you taken this course?
Old 08-01-2013 at 04:33 PM   #4
jaywa
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 9 Times

Yes, I took the course last year. The prof is Hugh Spencer again this year. He only gave two lectures himself, the rest were guest lectures given by a friend of his (and insanely boring). The assignments were marked arbitrarily, no comments just a mark at the end. And when I went to speak with him to ask why I got a particular grade he couldn't remember having read my assignment at all. There was no rubric or marking breakdown of any kind that he used either. It was a 3 hour evening class when I took it and lectures frequently went overtime, we stayed until 11pm once :/ Overall just a very disorganized and boring class. Definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Vuci says thanks to jaywa for this post.
Old 08-01-2013 at 04:49 PM   #5
Vuci
magnus

Thanks for letting me know! Don't think I will be taking this course ^.^
Old 08-02-2013 at 05:46 PM   #6
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

I actually loved the course and loved having Hugh Spencer as a professor. From what I remember he taught about half of the semester and then the fellow who used to work for the ROM (I think) taught the rest. It was great and I did well.
(22:09:17) Entropy: k now I need someone else to fill in the void
(22:10:14) ChatBot: Desda logs into the Chat.

Vuci says thanks to sarahsullz for this post.