MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spring 2011 Valedictorian Nomination Packages Now Available finklej MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-07-2011 02:59 PM
Who's Hiring 2011 - Spring/Summer Employment Fair ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-19-2011 03:10 PM
BIO 1M03 Winter 2011 Course Outline andrewjdg Academics 12 01-12-2011 11:13 AM

Anthropology 1A03 Spring 2011 Course Outline

Old 05-05-2011 at 01:03 AM   #1
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Anthropology 1A03 Spring 2011 Course Outline
Hey,

I missed the first class of Anthro 1A03 this week; I went today but didn't plan on continuing with the course, so I didn't bother asking for an outline. Is there a website/outline at all for this that anybody has? The prof is Dr. Brian Cummins I believe.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2011 at 06:45 PM   #2
siyuan2
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times

Oh I have the same question!

If anyone has one, could you please give me a copy as well?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks so much!
Old 05-05-2011 at 06:55 PM   #3
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

You guys get Cummins? He's awesome - I'm jealous. I had to suffer with Arratia.
Old 05-05-2011 at 07:05 PM   #4
andrewjdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
You guys get Cummins? He's awesome - I'm jealous. I had to suffer with Arratia.
Unfortunately I dropped it! I got into another course I wanted to take. But yes, cummins, he *is* awesome! A very cool guy, doesn't refrain from saying anything, which I love.
Old 05-05-2011 at 07:18 PM   #5
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjdg View Post
Unfortunately I dropped it! I got into another course I wanted to take. But yes, cummins, he *is* awesome! A very cool guy, doesn't refrain from saying anything, which I love.
In 2R03 he told us about how embarrassed he was that he said a terrible joke in the first-year course. Apparently he was talking about junk e-mail, and he said "like these ones saying 'grow your ***** by 2 inches!' What the hell am I going to do with a 4-inch *****?"

A lot of people dislike him because he made the midterm really hard, but I'm not mad. He's excellent.
Old 05-05-2011 at 07:38 PM   #6
andrewjdg

Yup! He talked about many funny things yesterday, one being: "One of the hardest things I had to get over was when people e-mailed me and called me hey, HEY?! HEY?!?!?! I just picture someone walking by me in the hallway saying "HEY". At least I'm not like this other professor, who stated that you had to call him by Doctor when e-mailing him, and he'd only respond between a 5 hour interval. Man, the guy must have a small ***** or something" Good guy
Old 05-05-2011 at 08:24 PM   #7
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjdg View Post
Yup! He talked about many funny things yesterday, one being: "One of the hardest things I had to get over was when people e-mailed me and called me hey, HEY?! HEY?!?!?! I just picture someone walking by me in the hallway saying "HEY". At least I'm not like this other professor, who stated that you had to call him by Doctor when e-mailing him, and he'd only respond between a 5 hour interval. Man, the guy must have a small ***** or something" Good guy
My friend goes to Guelph and said his roommate e-mailed a professor starting with "hey." He e-mailed him back and said "don't ever address a professor like this again" and didn't answer the question. I can't believe that some people do that.
Old 05-05-2011 at 10:05 PM   #8
andrewjdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
My friend goes to Guelph and said his roommate e-mailed a professor starting with "hey." He e-mailed him back and said "don't ever address a professor like this again" and didn't answer the question. I can't believe that some people do that.
Yup, some people have exactly what Cummins said.
Old 05-24-2011 at 12:28 PM   #9
younasmu

Liked: 0 Times

hey do you guys know what time and where the midterm is taking place? i doubt its going to be in the classroom they're soo many people that it wouldn't make sense to have it in there. this is for cummins..
Old 05-24-2011 at 12:52 PM   #10
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by younasmu View Post
hey do you guys know what time and where the midterm is taking place? i doubt its going to be in the classroom they're soo many people that it wouldn't make sense to have it in there. this is for cummins..
It really wouldn't surprise me if it was in the classroom. The midterm for 2R03 (which he taught) was in the lecture hall, and he just said "try not to look around much."