MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMPASS: Customer Appreciation Day rrtt MacInsiders Announcements 3 11-16-2009 03:47 PM
Student Accounts & Cashiers Customer Survey kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-31-2009 10:58 AM
Student Accounts & Cashiers Customer Survey rolosomn MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-31-2009 10:51 AM
Are you a Rogers Customer? kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 8 11-29-2008 03:04 PM
Working Part-Time: Good Idea or Bad Idea? lorend Jobs & Employment Tips 2 02-28-2008 01:10 PM

Any idea how to haggle with customer service ?

Old 08-17-2011 at 10:40 PM   #1
Nuelonas

Liked: 5 Times

Any idea how to haggle with customer service ?
Hey i just got a Blackberry 9900 on supertab with Virgin Mobile. What annoys me is the lack of caller id.. I'm not paying 7 bucks for such feature Does anyone know how to get it for free ? Would calling customer service help ?

Oh yeah which is better 3 year agreement or super tab ?
Old 08-17-2011 at 10:55 PM   #2
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

SUper Tab is better, that way if you wanna leave you just pay of the remaining of the phone.

As for haggling, how long have you been with Virgin?

They usually are only willing to help you out if you have been a customer with them for awhile, if this is your first time signing with them then i Doubt it. Wait a year or 2 and then threaten to switch to another competitor and hopefully youll get a shot at a retention plan
Old 08-17-2011 at 11:25 PM   #3
Nuelonas

Liked: 5 Times

oh boy that's alot of time not knowing who is calling
Old 08-18-2011 at 04:17 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuelonas View Post
oh boy that's alot of time not knowing who is calling
Don't get caller ID, think of it as living in mystery.
Old 08-18-2011 at 04:51 PM   #5
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Threaten to switch. I have free caller ID (with Rogers) because of this. My family and I use Roger's for everything though (cable, home phone, 4 cell phones) so they are very eager to please when we threaten to switch.
Old 08-18-2011 at 04:59 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemaking View Post
Threaten to switch. I have free caller ID (with Rogers) because of this. My family and I use Roger's for everything though (cable, home phone, 4 cell phones) so they are very eager to please when we threaten to switch.
Agreed. We did the same thing with Bell and it takes little bit of time, especially when you're on the phone, but if you're persistent enough and you've been with them for a while (or you have a lot of your services with them), they're more likely to give you the services you need.
Old 08-18-2011 at 05:23 PM   #7
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

If you just signed up with Virgin, don't expect anything for free, even if you threaten to cancel. You have to have some sort of retention to haggle.