MacInsiders Logo

Any listeners?

Old 10-13-2010 at 08:25 PM   #1
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Any listeners?
These Silhouettes was an indie-Canadian band•broke up a few months ago•only made a few songs but definitely worth a listen
Silverstein
Chiodos
Jeremy Soule composer of the Guild Wars soundtrack•ossum-sause
Snow Patrol

And lastly. Albeit short, it's quality. Probably the best instrumental music I've ever heard. Touches those parts of you that weren't meant to feel emotion.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 10-13-2010 at 08:43 PM.

REPLEKIA/. says thanks to SilentWalker for this post.
Old 10-13-2010 at 08:40 PM   #2
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

Silverstein are my favorite band of all time!!! Too bad they don't play many local shows as much as they used to :(
Old 10-13-2010 at 08:54 PM   #3
Jessicaaaa

Liked: 42 Times

Silverstein is unreal. i saw them in concert a few times and i LOVE chiodos-especially the piano component. Im not too into the heavy screaming that goes on in some of their songs, but theres something about them that i love
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:09 PM   #4
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

For some reason the Black Mesa Theme reminds me of:
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:12 PM   #5
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicaaaa View Post
Silverstein is unreal. i saw them in concert a few times and i LOVE chiodos-especially the piano component. Im not too into the heavy screaming that goes on in some of their songs, but theres something about them that i love
Yup. Pieces like 'Intensity in Ten Cities', or the bridge in 'Undertaker's Thrist...' - it does things to you.
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:13 PM   #6
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
For some reason the Black Mesa Theme reminds me of
<snip>
What I love about Black Mesa is how simple and clean the notes are, but the effect created is sort of heart-wrenching.
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:17 PM   #7
REPLEKIA/.

It's a shame how all the best music doesn't get as much playtime (if any) as it deserves. In grade 12 I actually did a project on how mainstream music is bad for us as a nation. I included the following clip which any music lover finds absolutely awesome:

ShaRav, Shmowen like this.
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:20 PM   #8
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

^I've never felt so much love for a sweaty fat guy.
Old 10-13-2010 at 09:21 PM   #9
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
^I've never felt so much love for a sweaty fat guy.
Oddly enough Chicken little is the Band's leader.

Edit: I feel like sharing one crazy piece of music. Some people I've shown this too have fallen in love with it, others have found it scary. Personally I love this song because the first time I listened to it, I got shivers down my spine. First time and only time a song has done that for me. LISTEN TO IT LOUD for maximum spine tingling action!

Edit: it's also the first song that came up on shuffle when I was having a hard time picking a user name for another forum a few years back and I've stuck with it.

Last edited by Replekia : 10-13-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2010 at 11:56 AM   #10
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

That's epic. Not my type of music (meaning I won't just listen to that when I feel like listening to music)...by I still love it.

As for These Silhouettes, here are their best songs, hands down. They're both quite different, but so amazing. I really love their style (there's just something about their songs that makes it different from mainstream punk/hardcore).

Glory
(those who watched The Adrenaline Project will know this)

London Bridges

Did I mention they're Canadian?

And I also really recommend checking out Jeremy Soule if you're into instrumental/classical music.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 10-14-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2010 at 12:02 PM   #11
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
That's epic. Not my type of music (meaning I won't just listen to that when I feel like listening to music)...by I still love it.
I know what you mean. I separate all my music into playlists. I have my 'epic playlist' 'feel good playlist' 'Rock-out playlist' 'Acoustic playlist' and 'sad/relaxing playing"

Quote:
Did I mention they're Canadian?
Yes.
Quote:
And I also really recommend checking out Jeremy Soule if you're into instrumental/classical music.
Will do.
Old 10-14-2010 at 12:48 PM   #12
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

i loved these silhouettes a few years ago. then they sttopped making music and i slowly forgot about them...:(
Old 10-14-2010 at 01:26 PM   #13
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

my fave bands:

-spoon
-art brut
-deer tick
Old 10-14-2010 at 03:07 PM   #14
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
And lastly. Albeit short, it's quality. Probably the best instrumental music I've ever heard. Touches those parts of you that weren't meant to feel emotion.
Wow, I just listened to that. I agree, it really is emotional.
Old 10-14-2010 at 03:23 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
It's a shame how all the best music doesn't get as much playtime (if any) as it deserves. In grade 12 I actually did a project on how mainstream music is bad for us as a nation. I included the following clip which any music lover finds absolutely awesome:

'Sup, Pachelbel's Rant.
[to be fair, I have no idea which came first, lol]

Quote:
Personally I love this song because the first time I listened to it, I got shivers down my spine.
Gladiator soundtrack please.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.