MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anthro 2AN3 kasia.madej Academics 1 04-18-2013 12:47 PM
Anthro 2AN3 ghumanm Academics 0 01-06-2012 10:12 PM
Anthro 2AN3 asloan Academics 1 06-09-2011 12:33 PM
Anthro of Food and Nutrition - Anthropology and Health Studies 2AN3 Richa Academics 0 01-06-2011 09:14 PM

Any thoughts about Anthropology 2AN3?

Old 12-19-2013 at 06:28 PM   #1
keiser=)

Liked: 12 Times

Any thoughts about Anthropology 2AN3?
Any thoughts about Anthropology 2AN3 (Anthropology of Food and Nutrition) ? Is the course material interesting? How is the workload? manageable/time-consuming. I hope for your helpful response. Thanks
Old 12-19-2013 at 08:24 PM   #2
lsparrow1

Liked: 10 Times

I really enjoyed that class! I had Dr. Stephens, don't think she is teaching at Mac anymore though. The course material is very interesting, you learn about food and diets, and how it affects the body, from an anthropological perspective.

When I took the class, we had a couple journal entry type assignments, an essay and a final. No tutorials either since it was a night class. It may be different now, but that was the general outline when I was in that class!

All in all, the work load is not a lot at all and definitely manageable

keiser=) says thanks to lsparrow1 for this post.

keiser=) likes this.
Old 12-19-2013 at 09:54 PM   #3
jaywa
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 9 Times

yep, what laura said. relatively interesting material, fairly light course load, easy assignments and exam. it was important to attend the lectures because you had to jot some notes down on a cue card that was handed out each class and give it back at the end of the lecture, and then you received a participation mark for giving them in.

keiser=) says thanks to jaywa for this post.

keiser=) likes this.
Old 12-19-2013 at 10:14 PM   #4
keiser=)

Liked: 12 Times

Thank you Laura and jaywa for the comments... Now I am more confident looking forward to this course
Old 12-26-2013 at 11:55 PM   #5
zatheyng

Liked: 1 Time

I had Slonim last year. I loved the course because I have a direct interest in nutrition and the topics, however classes sometimes dragged on and class material was absolutely useless. That being said, very nice prof, relatively interesting, and marking was not bad.

As well, the major essay was pick your own topic, which I really liked.

keiser=) says thanks to zatheyng for this post.

keiser=) likes this.