MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone have Last year or previous year Tests? for Bio1M03, Chem 1A03, lalalola2011 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 10-06-2012 01:17 PM
First Year Science Students -- Free pizza and a great second year program option MedPhys First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-04-2010 10:52 PM
2nd Year in 3rd Year Courses. Bad idea? abbyabs Academics 16 07-09-2010 10:50 PM

Is anyone else using TurboTax (Standard) this year?

Old 03-31-2016 at 07:59 PM   #1
mathtutor738

Liked: 0 Times

Is anyone else using TurboTax (Standard) this year?
Is anyone using TurboTax this year to file their taxes? Did anyone notice they changed the pricing from free to $19.99 now?

I am just curious because it changed for me and my refunds were drastically different even though I inputted the exact same numbers from the CRA...
Old 03-31-2016 at 09:18 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Just torrent it then.
Old 03-31-2016 at 10:30 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

The free one this year is terrible. Last year they gave a free one to students that was much better. This year there is no separate free one for students; it's just the general free one and it's basically like doing it by hand without needing to do math.
Old 04-03-2016 at 11:11 AM   #4
h.alexandra1

Liked: 0 Times

I do my taxes at SimpleTax.ca... It's free and I've had absolutely no problems with it! I'd definitely recommend trying it!
Old 04-07-2016 at 12:22 AM   #5
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Is it true that some programs are able to give you a better tax refund?
Old 04-07-2016 at 03:07 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watoko View Post
Is it true that some programs are able to give you a better tax refund?
Not really. All programs should be able to give you whatever you're entitled to, same as if you do it by hand. It's just that some programs ask more/less detailed questions, so if you don't actually understand how the taxes are done, you may get different results by not inputting all of the necessary information.