MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sending payments to mac Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-24-2010 11:17 PM
Sending Mail Deegs14 General Discussion 4 04-05-2010 01:47 PM

anyone having telus problems (sending text msgs)?

Old 01-12-2011 at 03:56 PM   #1
demelo_b

Liked: 14 Times

anyone having telus problems (sending text msgs)?
Hey everyone,

On campus, myself and a few friends are having problems sending text messages on campus with telus. It's only the text messaging causing these problems, as we usually have a strong signal.

Anyone else having this issue? :(
Old 01-12-2011 at 04:13 PM   #2
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

this was discussed in another thread, and i think people from all carriers have problems sending/receiving texts on campus. i have a telus plan too and probably 1/3 of the texts i send on campus fail sending, and i also get texts late fairly often.
Old 01-12-2011 at 04:13 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Yup.

It was MUCH worse at the begging of term 1 last year. I called them and they lead engineer said there is NOTHING they can do since the tower just cannot support everyone, and thats the way its gonna be.
Old 01-12-2011 at 04:14 PM   #4
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I just assumed the girls i was texting were ignoring me :(
Old 01-12-2011 at 04:17 PM   #5
phln3

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
this was discussed in another thread, and i think people from all carriers have problems sending/receiving texts on campus. i have a telus plan too and probably 1/3 of the texts i send on campus fail sending, and i also get texts late fairly often.
I didn't have problem when I was with Fido. Nor do I have that I'm with Wind
Old 01-12-2011 at 05:20 PM   #6
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Yea, I have the same problem, but much worse than 1/3 of the texts... I have to try resending a text usually 5-6 times before it actually gets through. Sometimes I can't get a text through for up to half an hour or so. During these times I'm also not receiving any texts, and when my text resend finally does get through, I often receive multiple incoming messages all basically simultaneously with the outgoing one finally being sent. It's just because the tower can't handle all the clients, so service kind of comes in spurts.

I'm with Virgin Mobile btw, which means the Bell network has this issue too.
Old 01-12-2011 at 05:50 PM   #7
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

I'm with telus and I haven't experienced any problems with text messaging on campus o__o in certain given places, there's just no signal (thode basement, for example), which makes sense, but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 01-12-2011 at 06:09 PM   #8
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

I'm on Telus and everything's been excellent. No problems at all.

Is it your phone then?
Old 01-12-2011 at 06:37 PM   #9
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

i had trouble texting today fido
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:44 PM   #10
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

a lot of people have problems... it's true it was worse last semester... especially between about 9am-4pm ... it seemed to be only people on the new network... mine worked fine until i got a newer phone (same brand and such as before)... and began having issues.
sometimes it works to turn your phone off and on again, and the messages will push through in the first couple seconds you connect to the network ... if you urgently need to send a msg...
Old 01-12-2011 at 09:18 PM   #11
shurlee

Liked: 3 Times

I'm also with Telus but I didn't find it to be a major problems. Just a few times my text would fail to send or I would receive texts REALLY late. There was one time when I sent my friend a text message, but the number that appeared was not mine at all, though it was the message that I sent her :/
Old 01-12-2011 at 09:35 PM   #12
demelo_b

Liked: 14 Times

the only screwed up thing is that out of my friends, only those on telus have problems, like wtf !
Old 01-12-2011 at 09:38 PM   #13
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

A fix that i've found to sometimes let incoming texts work is dial *611 or any other number (*611 probably is best since its free)
Old 01-12-2011 at 10:05 PM   #14
Erika0909

Liked: 0 Times

I'm with telus. My phone used to work perfectly on campus (used to have an LG Keybo) until I just recently upgraded to a smartphone (HTC Desire) and now I'm stuck getting messages incredibly late or having to retry sending the message about 4 times before it goes through.
Maybe it's the type of phone?