MacInsiders Logo

for anyone who took psych 2ap3 abnormal behaviour

Old 01-14-2014 at 11:26 PM   #1
fatcat

Liked: 34 Times

for anyone who took psych 2ap3 abnormal behaviour
What did you think of psych 2ap3?

thanks

Last edited by fatcat : 01-14-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2014 at 12:21 AM   #2
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

I took it last semester! The prof is D. Day is a rather good lecturer and one of the nice things about the class is he takes 30/32 questions out of 40 total from an online test bank that he gives you for practice questions... aka if you did enough questions online correctly... you will probably do really well on the midterm/exam. the other 8-10 questions are based on the textbook. The course consists of two 30% midterms and a final (40%). I got an 11 in the course (and i took a 60% exams due to missing a midterm) and averages for the second midterm that i missed were alot higher...so basically it is super easy to get a good mark as long as you put a little work into it. The course content itself is interesting... this past semester he did ADHD, Autism, depression disorders, anxiety disorders, somatic symptom disorders and dissociative disorders. A lot of the content includes statistics which you have to remember (average age of onset of the disorder, prevalency of the disorder in society, gender biases etc, but it is fairly easy and interesting.
Old 01-15-2014 at 11:26 AM   #3
knguyens2

Liked: 1 Time

I have taken all of Dr. Day's classes and this one was the most difficult for me. The material wasn't hard to learn. It's the test questions, which were very nitty gritty. I found the textbook questions for this class to be very specific compared to his other classes. For example, I got "according to Stats Canada, how many percent...?" Because the class deals a lot with epidemiology, he asks a lot of numbers.

If you are interested in this kind of material, I'd recommend taking psych 3b03 special populations. You learn the same thing, but with Dr. Hall and his tests were much more straight forward and simple. You can get a 10-12.
Old 01-15-2014 at 04:47 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

If you're okay with memorizing random facts, you'll be fine.

If you expect to be tested on your understanding of the material, find a different course...though I'd still recommend sitting in on Dr Day's lectures if you want to learn the material - he's an excellent lecturer.