MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

125 years of feeding the world's hungry schoolchildren
Enough said

Old 01-24-2012 at 06:44 PM   #3
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

I think its quiet impressive considering they were close to bankruptcy early 1990s

DMe3 likes this.
Old 01-24-2012 at 07:22 PM   #4
hungdaddy

Liked: 22 Times

125 years of feeding the worlds hungry children just answered the question of where is steve jobs right now....
Old 01-24-2012 at 08:39 PM   #5
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungdaddy View Post
125 years of feeding the worlds hungry children just answered the question of where is steve jobs right now....
I thought Steve Jobs was dead.

Eternal Fire, Grover, Zachary like this.
Old 01-24-2012
hungdaddy
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:12 PM   #6
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Can't wait to see Apple fail, just like RIM.
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:14 PM   #7
hungdaddy

this moderator obviously has a macbook. lol. $2000 facebook machine

eullwm likes this.
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:29 PM   #8
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungdaddy View Post
this moderator obviously has a macbook. lol. $2000 facebook machine
Please don't turn this into another Mac vs PC thread. Just stay on topic

EDIT : Yes Mac vs PC, changed it
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:29 PM   #9
hungdaddy

u mean mac vs pc
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:42 PM   #10
sarah2874

Liked: 13 Times

... do you mean Mac vs. PC?

Edit: oops! I posted this before reading the post above mine.
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:43 PM   #11
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

I love how the general mentality is that the rich(est) companies of the world all of a sudden have an obligation to end world hunger.

Anyways, on the subject, I find that people get too emotionally attached to a bloody company/brand, and I hate the mentality of Apple products being "the thing", or that Apple products are hipster and/or mainstream, or, on the company, "Apple is geting famous, we have to love it to stay hip", or the whole "you-must-have-some-sort-of-personality-disorder-if-you-buy-INSERT-BRAND-NAME-HERE-product". Although contradictory, all sentiments are passed around equally. It's a ****ing phone/computer/company.

xxsumz says thanks to Yogurt for this post.

apples12, Snowman like this.
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:48 PM   #12
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
I love how the general mentality is that the rich(est) companies of the world all of a sudden have an obligation to end world hunger.

Anyways, on the subject, I find that people get too emotionally attached to a bloody company/brand, and I hate the mentality of Apple products being "the thing", or that Apple products are hipster and/or mainstream, or, on the company, "Apple is geting famous, we have to love it to stay hip", or the whole "you-must-have-some-sort-of-personality-disorder-if-you-buy-INSERT-BRAND-NAME-HERE-product". Although contradictory, all sentiments are passed around equally. It's a ****ing phone/computer/company.
I agree completely, wasn't sure how to word it. People automatically assume it is the companies moral duty to save the world. If anyone of us started a company I doubt that would be one of the reasons behind it. Not to mention all the jobs they provide as well as donations made possible because of them.
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:49 PM   #13
hungdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post

only part i dont agree with is your first part. apples just one company, if you think about all the money floating around just in corporations etc., theses ***** **** ***** ******* **** would rather have the money then feed some starving kids. n dat what really grinds my gears yo!
Old 01-24-2012 at 10:53 PM   #14
hungdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
I agree completely, wasn't sure how to word it. People automatically assume it is the companies moral duty to save the world. If anyone of us started a company I doubt that would be one of the reasons behind it. Not to mention all the jobs they provide as well as donations made possible because of them.
if most people were to 'start a company' it would probably be to feed their family and be secure in their life. what happens after that? the owners get greedy nd would rather live in luxury then help out the poor. its their choice and the choices they make let you see what type of person they really are.
if you were drinking dirty water and living in a third world ghetto you'd probably have a different opinion. 8 millions ppl a year die due to starvation...