MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Applying for Second Year: Ordering My Choices Vy-Vii Academics 9 04-06-2011 10:02 PM
Applying to second year programs? lizziemcg Academics 1 02-12-2011 01:12 PM
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Anyone else applying to grad school this year? Kathy2 Academics 4 12-23-2009 12:25 PM
Applying for OSAP in 2nd year raine Financial Aid 17 06-04-2009 06:25 PM

Applying for nursing next year!

Old 07-15-2013 at 07:22 AM   #1
oOAmberOo

Liked: 0 Times

Applying for nursing next year!
Hello!

So, I was planning on attending McMaster this year, but due to illness I was unable to. I'm taking a year off to work as well as do ILC courses to make up for credits I didn't earn. Anyways, I was wondering what average people had who got into nursing this year. Is a 86-87% high enough?
Any other advice or information would be very helpful!

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2013 at 07:48 AM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Check this out: http://future.mcmaster.ca/2013/05/16...sion-averages/

Don't get too discouraged, the admission averages change from year to year depending on things like demand. You still have a chance of making it to nursing next year! If you want you can come back for a fifth year, take few courses and boost up your average.
Good luck!

anonanon987 says thanks to jim1 for this post.
Old 07-15-2013 at 08:05 AM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
Check this out: http://future.mcmaster.ca/2013/05/16...sion-averages/

Don't get too discouraged, the admission averages change from year to year depending on things like demand. You still have a chance of making it to nursing next year! If you want you can come back for a fifth year, take few courses and boost up your average.
Good luck!
Thanks for the link. Wow, look at Computer Science right beside Engineering now. That's a very nice change to see considering we fall under the Faculty of Engineering too. Was Life Sciences always in the high 80s?
Old 07-15-2013 at 08:22 AM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Was Life Sciences always in the high 80s?
I am not sure, but i know that last year it was somewhere around there. Few years ago people used to get in with like 85, even for engineering it wasn't that high, i am actually quite surprised myself to see the high admissions for computer science and engineering. Just few years back the average for both was like low 80s